DK2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2

I just received a DK2 EDS from AMS recently and have to admit that I am impressed with the quality of the work. The neck is absolutely awesome. Nice and thin and really fast. The pickups need work as they are a little weak but not bad for the price.

Question for the group. I grabbed this as a project guitar. I am planing to put emg's(sa/sa/89) in it and possibly use this as a test for the Floyd speedloader. Will I have to rout the body for a real Floyd? If so, I'm not doing it.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Re: DK2

Cool! Will you fill the peg holes?

And Shawn, where da pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
      Cool! Will you fill the peg holes?

And Shawn, where da pics? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lol...5 times is my limit on this topic [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

No. I figure that filling the peg holes will change the balance. As for now I'm going to leave them.
        Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

So how are the Floyds on the DK2s?
          RIP Erika Nicole 1/09/88--7/05/08

http://indiemusicworks.com/Axe/
          http://www.myspace.com/axe57

Comment

Not bad. I'm not an extreme trem user so it should last me awhile. When I change, it will be for the experience of it.

Comment

We all know a headstock is just plain redundant on a Speedloader equipped axe. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Get out the ole saw an hack off that soon to be useless hunk of wood.

Then you'll have yerself a Jackson-berger. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh wait, you'll need that heastock to show off the logo.

Keep the tuners in and really mess up people's minds. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Be quiet, Mr. I-don't-know-why-my-DXMG-sounds-so-much-better-than-my-DK1-oh-yeah-my-switch-was-in-the-middle-position! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I didn't on on mine...
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yea...well.... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] phhhttttt!

Comment

Originally posted by 2Loud2Old:
                      We all know a headstock is just plain redundant on a Speedloader equipped axe. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Get out the ole saw an hack off that soon to be useless hunk of wood.

Then you'll have yerself a Jackson-berger. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh wait, you'll need that heastock to show off the logo.

Keep the tuners in and really mess up people's minds. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually, It gets worse. I'm planning to use this thing to play Dire Straits. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I can just imagine people seeing this taken out to play Sultans. What a mindbender. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X