Jackson DK2S manuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK2S manuals

Hi everyone, I just purchased a Jackson DK2S from American Musical. It did not have any kind of owners manual or wiring diagrams or registration form.
    Can anyone tell me where I can purchase an owners manual or information booklet for this guitar?
    The guitar was made in Japan and the workmanship is very good. I love the feel of the neck and the body is nicely contoured.
    This is also my 1st guitar with a tremelo so I would like to find out how to tune and intonate the bridge.
    Thanks to everyone for your input on this guitar.
    LABinOKC

Re: Jackson DK2S manuals

The only thing I got with mine was a sheet explaining the Sustainiac. It has 2 mini-switches - a 2-way and a 3-way. The 2-way turns it on or off. The 3-way lets you choose 3 modes, fundamental, harmonic, or a mix of the 2. The 3rd knob controls the gain of the Sustainiac.
    That and you're advised that you'll need to work on palm muting to keep unwanted notes from ringing out.

You can always call AMS and tell them you didn't get the sheet. They're responsible for selling you the guitar with everything it comes with, and are good folks to deal with. hey could probably scan it and emalil it to you. AS for the warranty, keep your receipt; it proves the date and item of purchase. If you didn't buy one of the blems, I believe AMS gives you an extra year's warranty above Jackson's one year. I got a blem so that won't apply for me, but it took a long time to find the blem; a tiny ding on the back of the headstock that's under the clearcoat.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Thanks lerxstcat, I will get ahold of AMS and request the paper which you refer to.
      Keep on Rockin LABinOKC

Comment

i played a blue 1 today and couldnt figure it out after 2 minutes so i put it down all it was good for was getting feedback [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] what did i do wrong?

Comment

Well, if you're playing with a high-gain tone already it will feedback like hell.
          The sheet says to turn down the gain knob
          (the furthest back) and work on your plam muting so the unwanted notes don't ring,
          then feedback.

Also, the 3 way mini-switch lets you choose the fundamental note, a harnomic or a mix. Try the fundamental first for less feedback til you get a handle on it.

It's actually very cool for playing clean sounds with sustain too. Chords ring forever and sound like a compressed acoustic, sort of! It takes some playing with to be really useful though. Not for
          everyone, I'd say.
          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Hiya Lab,

I just sent you an e-mail with an attached JPEG that is a scanned copy of the Sustainiac document they give you when you buy a DK2S...Hope it helped ya with what you wished to know....

KarmicApexIntellect

Comment

Working...
            X