Jackson DR7..........good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DR7..........good or bad?

I have owned one Ibanez RG7420. I loved it, but had to sell it. The only thing I wasn't using on it was the trem. I had tuning issues that weren't hard to fix.....just a pain in the a$$. I found a used DR7 with a string thru tom bridge that looks to be in great condition. Please give answers to the following questions:

1.Is it a well built guitar?
    2.Does it at least sound decent as it comes stock?
    3.Are there any issues with tuning, crappy necks, etc.
    4.List any other comments about it please.

I'm trying to achieve major low tuning stuff like Korn, Static X, SOAD, Etc. I can get it on a trade in so I'm looking at around $275 worth of stuff traded straight accross. Let me know if it's a good deal.

Re: Jackson DR7..........good or bad?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ayphotohosting

they were selling for about that (I think it was 250.00 actually) at GC dring a clearance sale.

I never played it for longer than a few minutes, it ws ok. They look cool, but I prefer my schecter C7 series overall for about the same money. I bought mine off ebay with floyd new for 225.00.

Comment

I am dying to find one in Trans Red with a tremolo!!!!!
      Occupy JCF

Comment

I think the DR7 is all right, but the LTD and especially the Schecter and Dean 7 strings are better guitars.

Then again, if you're trading for it, it's probably worth it - although you can usually find C or A series Schecters for $250 on EvilBay...

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

The stock Duncan Designed pickups are very muddy, not at all suited to playing the low B, but the DR7 is a good guitar otherwise. I bought one on clearance at GC a couple of years back, but returned it when a USA Rhoads found its way into my life. The DR7 neck was way more comfortable than I expected. Sometimes I wish I'd kept it and upgraded the pickups, but my band wasn't doing anything that would have made use of it.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X