Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here. I've read quite a lot of your postings and like what I see. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction identifying my import Jackson. I don't know the scale length, but I can check. It has the downward pointed headstock, labeled Jackson Professional. Configuration - HSH. Floyd Copy, black hardware. Appears that the top is a veneer quilt, pink/purple in the center, darkening to purple at the outside - Hence, I named it Fade to Black. Fretboard is rosewood with dot inlay and no binding. Headstock has the same faded pattern as the body. Anyway, it's no USA Soloist, but I've had it for a few years now and it's always been a great player. I have a new USA Les Paul and a USA Wolfgang and the little import Jackson easily hangs with either. I would just like to know what it is and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Re: Identification

How many frets?

What inlay?

What controls does it have?
    Occupy JCF

Comment

sounds kinda like a dinky to me. i remeber them making them with dots. and that pickup config. but i could be wrong.

Garry [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

There is a Dinky and a Fusion that matches that config, but are the dots in the middle or the top?

[ November 20, 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: TEKKY ]
        Occupy JCF

Comment

The Fusion didn't have H-S-H IIRC, only the Dinky. That's an SDK if it's 25.5" scale (1996 catalog).

Newc
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Fusion SX
            Intro: 1992
            Disc: 1992
            Origin: Japan

Pickups: Neck - J50M Humbucker / Middle - J100S Stacked Humbucker (single coil sized) / Bridge - J85 Humbucker

1 Volume, 5-Way Blade switch

JT580

Body: Basswood
            Neck: 24.75" scale Maple neck with a rosewood fretboard
            Occupy JCF

Comment

He mentioned the headstock pointed down, the SDK had the 3/3 headstock. The if the scale wasn't 24.75, then I think it would be a Jackson Dinky SP.

Intro: 1992
              Disc: 1992

Pickups: Neck - J50M Humbucker / Middle - J100S Stacked Humbucker (single coil sized) / Bridge - J92C Humbucker

1 Volume, 5-Way Blade switch

JT590

Body: Basswood
              Neck: Maple neck with a rosewood fretboard
              Occupy JCF

Comment

I guess I did leave out a couple of details.

It has 24 frets with dots in the middle. Tone and volume knobs with five position blade switch. The scale length is 25.5". Also, if I remember correctly, the product literature that was packed in the case had a copyright date of 1995, so I reasoned that it couldn't have been produced prior to that. It was a generic instruction book with no model, but I'm sure it was the one that came with it. By the way, the pointed headstock does point downward in traditional Jackson fashion.

I'm also quite certain that the middle pickup is a true single coil and not a stacked humbucker. It's one of the features I like about the guitar. It gives it a lot of versatility on melodic/heavy mixed songs.

One more thing. What is meant by a dinky body? Forgive my ignorance, but I just don't know. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Dinky refers to the body being 7/8 the size of a traditional stratocaster design. (Soloists and Dinkys both share this characteristic, the difference between the two is that the Soloist is neck-thru)

I overlooked the Jackson DX2

Intro: 1996
                  Disc: 1997

Pickups: Neck - Duncan Designed DD102 / Middle - Duncan Designed DD101 / Bridge - Duncan Designed DD102

1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-Way Blade switch

JT580

Body: Alder with optional gravure top
                  Neck: Maple neck with a rosewood fretboard

The finish you're talking about, I believe, is trans violet.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

That's it exactly. Thank you all for your input and information. After you identified it, I found a photo in the 1997 brochure at the Jackson Museum website. It's nice knowing what model it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X