Your take on Japanese Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your take on Japanese Jacksons

Most guitar companies cheap out and produce low-level instruments overseas, but I can honestly say the Japanese Jacksons are as good as some American guitars. I'm really impressed with the quality of mine and it's bang for buck value. What do you guys think? Fender IS keeping the Japan factory open, right?

Re: Your take on Japanese Jacksons

I would have thought so Fender still produce guitars in Japan, i found my King V KVX10 was excellent quality, much more than over priced ibanhead guitars.

i hope they don't but i can't comment on Japan V USA guitas arguement i'd say there as good, some people just like the made in USA tag though, but ESP's are mainly made in Japan there good, jsut expensive! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

I've just got my first Jackson today... made in japan. Seems to be very good quality
      I'll post a thread with pictures within a few days [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think Japanese made guitars in general are of better quality and craftsmanship than say Korean, Chinese or Indonesian. (granted there's a few good ones floating around). But I own a MIJ Ibanez and it's a solid guitar. I've tried a few MIJ Jacksons and they felt just as good too. IMO Japanese made guitars are 2nd only to USA made ones. I think they're great!

Comment

Today's technology is so much better than what it was 30 years ago, 20 years, and even 10 years ago. In the early days, the Orient got a bad wrap because they could barely make guitars that resembled their American counterparts, let alone sound like them. In fact, most of the early Oriental guitars were blatant rip offs (tributes?) to the American tried and true guitars. But with time they improved. As for Jackson guitars, only the early 1990's (first run of Professionals) compare to the American versions. From about 1994 onward, all Japanese Jacksons took (and still do) a decline in quality and features. If you can get your hands on a Japanese Jackson with neck through, mother of pearl logo inlay, mother of pearl shark fin inlay, head & neck binding, ebony board, Schaller trem, and active electronics, you've got the best guitar money can buy. It should be no coincidence that Jackson cut that line down to what it is today. Come on newbies, why did they do it? You know, it's ok, go ahead and say it... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

i love my rhoads pro.

its my best guitar.
            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

my guitar is japanese (ibanez uv77mc) and its an amazing guitar one of the best i ever played or owned.i dont belive this "american guitars are better then japanese guitars" crap.
              if you spend $1500.00 on an american made instrument and spend $1500 on a japanese made instrument i bet the quality is almost identical.i only say almost because even if you buy 2 american guitars of the same price the quality wont be the same,hell go buy a $700 guitar and a $2000 guitar and the lower priced one might be better, but this isnt about price now is it?

i dont think the country of origin really plays a part inthe quality of a guitar,even korea is starting to make good guitars!canada even makes guitars that blow away gibsons bc rich and even jackson!anyone ever hear of a company called godin?

bottom line is you get what you pay for regardless of where its from.unless you luck out and find something cool in a pawn shop like a all original 1985 kramer beretta for $125.00 canadian (thats $96.06 us dollars by the way)for an american guitar!!

if this post doesnt make sense lets just blame it on the beer and i most likly will forget about posting it by the morning. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] yes i know its like supper time but up here in the great white north we start early!

Comment

Companies like ESPee, Ibenhad, and Samick don't have US-based shops like Fender and Jackson and Gibson do, so obviously they are free to make their guitars as high-quality as they can afford to ship.
                The issues I have with those companies are the lack of customer service (Ibenhad) and the blatant ripoff of Jackson and Charvel (King V, Soloist, Dinky, classic Lynch graphics/models, all the 80's greats getting a sig model ESPee).

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i'll agree that ibanez doesnt have the greatest customer service (ever tried to get a part like a trem bar from them? thanks skid!)and the dealers they have must train on how not to deal with customers from ibanez.but i still love the guitars that they produce.my only grip with american companies like p&* , gib&*^and others is that they feel they can charge a furtune for the guitars they put out.

Comment

Enjoy your Japanese made Jackson.

It's a fine guitar.

That $1500 USA axe hasn't got anything on yours in terms of tone or playabilty.

I know, I have a few. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

It's kinda like comparing an import motorcycle to a HD.

THe HD looks cool alright, got the style down, makes a neat sound.. yet it costs more than twice as much and offers nothing more in terms of real-world performance. ( In some cases, it's even inferior )

Sorry to the guys with US Jacksons.

I know they cost you a mint, and they have all the bling-bling and the pearl.

But after finally aquiring a few for myself.. I really don't think I missed much when I was a kid playing with my Model 2.

US Jacksons may be prettier, but I really don't think they're better.. most of the time.

[ November 21, 2003, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

My 2 cents on this is as follows. The early 90s Japanese Pros were equall to the USA models, same guitar different country, same quality. That is where it ends and I have owned a few of both so let me just say the Japanese Pro models after 1993 were/are not as good as the USA made Jacksons, not to say they aren`t great guitars which they are, but they are still not the quality of the USA models. That being said, I wouldn`t hesitate to buy a used or new Japanese Jackson again and probably will soon. I still don`t see where the quality is as good as the USA models after 1993, I don`t see it or in the playing of them, but they still are great guitars and I/you should be proud to own either models or regardless of country of origin. That all being said, I would love to try a Canadien made Godin, I have heard nothing but great things about them [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I like my KS2 but hardly think its in the same league as my USA models (probably why it doesn't get as much play time now). The neck feels like an Ibanez, to me, for some reason. There is nothing wrong with an import model at all, so enjoy it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ November 21, 2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Freehill ]

Comment

Japan makes high quality EVERYTHING and you don't have to worry if your new guitar was built on a Friday. I think most people's distain towards Japanese and other Asian products is simple racisim for the most part. You can get a high quality product for less money, Thus, you have more money to spend on more guitars!!!

Comment

However, US Jacksons are better!!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

i reckon its a matter of 'play what you like'..i mean, an ebony board, pearl inlays, quartersawn wood etc etc is all well and sweet, but if you're a **** ****, it dont matter...Down here in sydney, guys shred on any guitar, i've only seen one usa jackson (rhoads)..My friend has a jap dinky archtop, had it for about 4 and a half years, its still running strong, the knobs are a bit loose but that's about it...I guess if you're after style, go the usa route, otherwise play either, imo the player's style makes a guitar cool. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                              cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X