Your take on Japanese Jacksons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your take on Japanese Jacksons

It's economic as well; all that money flowing to Asia goes out of American circulation.

The world working as a whole sounds great
    except most other countries have MUCH higher tariffs (import taxes) than the US
    does. We have a trade deficit because we
    lowered our import fees first, ancd other countries, especially Japan, have NOT reciprocated. We have walked the walk; it's time for other nations to follow suit.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2:
      Racism and Nationalism have nothing to do with it... Countries like India, Korea, etc, are building guitars to satisfy a contract with a customer. Most of their guitars are made by machines, and tested by some clown who discovered that Beatles are more than just a car only two weeks ago.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, nothing racist-sounding about that! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

It's your story; tell it any way you want!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer:
        Thanks Richard, I will hunt this book down!! Jack.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hunt's over: How to Make Your Electric Guitar Play Great

I recommend it, it's a great book.

Thanks for your opinions, everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          2 questions:
          -What's that red thing on the wall
          -What's that hanging from the ceiling

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't know about that red thing, but the thing on the ceiling sure looks like a garage-door opener! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
          Alex, you keep your axes in the garage?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            No..it looks like a direct/indirect light wall pack and the unit on the ceiling may be a projector for a video system.

The area looks too "benign" to be a garage.

Just my $0.02 worth [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the thing hanging from the ceiling is the overhead bin where you put your luggage during the flight.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:
                2 questions:
                -What's that red thing on the wall
                -What's that hanging from the ceiling

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't know about that red thing, but the thing on the ceiling sure looks like a garage-door opener! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                Alex, you keep your axes in the garage?? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Alright guys, here's the straight dope on my practice space... it's also my home theater. Here's some more pics, although my guitar collection has changed since these pics were taken. The most recent pic of my guitars is the one seen earlier in this thread.

The red thing on the wall is a sconce, and the thing on the ceiling is a video projector.

If you look at the front of the room, my amp is behind the door in the lower left cabinet. My G Major is mounted in there as well, and I have a MIDI pedalboard I use to control my rig. I open the door, connect a few cables, and I'm good to go. When I'm not playing, it all hides away nicely. Except for my axes, which I love to show off... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

More...
                Theater 1
                Theater 2
                Theater 3
                Theater 4
                Theater 5
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

It was a Japanese Jackson that won me over to Jackson and I still own it too. It's my 92 Stealth Pro. I also have several other Japanese Jacksons and Charvels. They all play great and sound amaizing. Until a couple of weeks ago I had a 94 Soloist STD (japanese) That was just as good quality as far as fit and finish as my 86 USA DBl hum soloist. It just didnt have the opointments of the USA. Like binding and a real Floyd. But with swapping out the pups it was a tone monster that was relentless and very forgiving as far as playability goes. I'll miss it. But I do still have my Model 6 and a few old Duncans laying around to toss in her. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  Yes there is a feel differance to the US vs Japanese stuff but for the money I will always have Japanese JAckson in my arsenal.
                  Gil

Comment

these days the japanese make a guitar as good as USA. if jackson were to send the USA parts to them it would be as good as the usa made one.
                    i think what the problem is(if any?) is that on say a DK-2,they use duncan designed pups instead of the USA duncans for one,and the trem(JT580) is not as good as a USA floyd,and the inlays are Mother of toliet seat instead of real MOP.
                    if you added those USA features to a MIJ dk-2 that same guitar would cost more than the $400 they go for! but many like me feel it would be worth it,lets say the guitar then would then cost more than this one which features neck through,real duncans but does not have a OFR and MOP inlays http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/.../base_id/51786

i would rather have the DK-2 for the $700 or whatever it would be extra with a OFR,real MOP inlays,usa duncans than the SL-3,which only is slightly better than the $400 stock DK-2 in quality. if you took off the usa duncans,and it was a bolt on,they are very close?

Comment

So that means a Japanese Jackson can be equipped with a genuine Floyd, real Duncans, and real hardware to become an instant USA model then. I'll be hornswaggled, I had no idea, and all these years I've been chasing down the USA elite models. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Having played and owned quite a few of both, I'd say that the USA Jacksons are a little bit nicer in all aspects than the Japanese ones. Not because Japanese folks can't make great guitars, but because the USA guitars are carefully handbuilt--the necks and frets on USA C/Js are a bit nicer, due to all that handwork.

Also, the USA shop seems to be a bit more careful in its choice of woods--USA Jacksons seem to be more resonant and have better tonal characteristics, on the whole, than the Japanese guitars, which can vary a lot more in tonal quality.

I will say that the early '90s Professionals with all the USA features are very, very close in quality to the USA guitars, from the examples I've owned/played. But I agree with others that the newer Japanese guitars aren't up to that level, for obvious corporate reasons.

Comment

I think companies such as jackson, fender etc, who make their most expensive models in the States, put lower quality parts, on import models, to make the usa ones better, but most imposts are of good quality, and they may need pickups upgraded!

Comment

Thanks BM, i think I will get both books for a little over $30 and Free Shipping!! Thanks again-Jack.

Comment

I have a SL-1 and a DK-2 and think that they afre close in terms of quality. I like the SL-1 better because of the Ebony board and the better trem (for now).
                              MOT really does not bother me, I mean it's the same stuff that LP players are paying $5,000.00 for in their reissues, right?
                              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

No problem. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X