Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification

I'm wanting to find out a bit of info about my Jackson. My serial number doesn't match anything on the Jackson website so I figure it must be an oriental made model. It has two humbuckers, floyd rose trem and neck-thru construction. It has sharkfin inlays and downward pointing head. Also one volume and one tone control, 3-position switch. any info greatly appreciated.

Re: Identification

What's the body shape?
    If it's Strattish, it's a Soloist Pro (may or may not say "Professional" after "Jackson")
    If it's a Kelly shape, it's a Kelly Pro (may or may not say " Professional" after "Jackson")
    If it's a Rhoads....
    If it's a King V....
    Or it could be a Warrior Pro.

I'm betting it's a Soloist - SL4 I think was the 2-hum model?

A pic would help nail it. We know this sh!t like nothing else, but pics make it easier [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yeah if it's recent I'm willing to bet it's and SL4...is the neck bound? Do you know what specific Floyd is on there by any chance?

Comment

Its a strat shape body and doesn't have a bound neck. Will try and get a pic up soon. Not sure what sort of Floyd rose it is, it's chrome and is different to the floyd I have on another guitar which I think is a floyd rose original.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
          I'm betting it's a Soloist - SL4 I think was the 2-hum model?
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes SL4 = 2 hum. Sure sounds like the SL4 (which has 22 frets BTW).
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah mine has 22 frets. S does this mean that its definitely an SL-4? Cause when I got it the guy told me it was a DK-2 but i'd seen them before and knew they were different.

Comment

The DK-2 (Dinky) and Soloist models have the exact same body dimensions. The only difference between the two is the Dinky (DK-1, DK-2, DR3, DK3, DR-7, DR27, DKMG, DXMG, DDT, DMZ, DMX [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) is a bolt-on and the Soloists are neckthrough. It's easy for store guys to get them confused since they are identical in every way except for that one point.

So yep, it's an SL-4, which, IIRC, sold for more than the DK-2s do [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Soloist body is *slightly* wider, IIRC.

Comment

Now that we've established what kind of guitar I have would someone be able to tell me a bit of info about it eg.pickups(are they duncan designed or the real thing?)or tell me where I can find this info.Thanks

Comment

Sl4 came stock with Duncan pups The Jb in the bridge and the 59 in the neck. Rosewood finger board, Alder body wings, maple neck thru. Transparent finishes have a flame maple venere on them, and the solid finishes were without the venere top. The trem is the JT590LP. Basically the over seas version of the Floyd Rose Pro.
                    Almost the same as the US SL2 aside from the obvious of the 22 frets vs the 24 on the US, plus the rosewood baord vs ebony, binding on the US and the lisenced floyd. I think thats about it/
                    Gil

Comment

Thanks alot.You've been a great deal of help. I finally know what kinda Jackson i have. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X