• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR professional ?

What do you guys think of this guitar?
    How much is it worth?
    I´ve found one used for about 700$ with emgs 81,85

Re: RR professional ?

What year? These were started in 1990 and the early models were equal to the USA models of the same time - ebony board, MOP logo and fins, same trem, great pickups.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc is correct, however to be more specific:

"Professional" is a whole line of guitars built in Japan. They range from very good to somewhat less so. It's impossible to tell if it's a good deal unless you can specify more precisely what model this is. A "Rhoads Pro Professional" (which is what Newc described) go for about $600 and up, while the much humbler Rhoads EX Professional go for anything between $200-400.

'bane

Comment

what does MOP mean anyway?

here are som pics of it: http://w1.542.telia.com/~u54205512/jacksonbilder/

Comment

MOP = Mother of Pearl inlays etc.

Comment

Yup. 1992 Rhoads Professional - great score for $700 in Europe (are you in Europe?) [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
            Anyhoo, $700 is top-dollar in that condition in America, but in Europe it's a great score.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Yea i´m from europe

hhmmm bye the way, how can you be so sure about it being a 1992 model [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

so that one has MOP logo and inlays?

what the hell is on this one then?
              http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac.../dragonbig.jpg
              looks sooo sparkly [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by deftoned:
                what the hell is on this one then?
                http://www.jcfonline.com/gallery/jac.../dragonbig.jpg
                looks sooo sparkly [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is a combination of MOP and abalone I believe.

I don't know about the year on the Rhoads, but yes, that's a Rhoads Pro and it should be a good score for $700 (7000SEK?), even considering all the wear. If I had the money I wouldn't think twice about it.

'bane

Comment

ummm how much is a usdollor in sek today?
                  anyway it´s price is 6000sek.
                  i aint got the money yet but soon i will and then i´ll buy it

Comment

The last picture shows the serial number (J2xxxxx) - first number after the letter indicates year [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Originally posted by deftoned:
                      ummm how much is a usdollor in sek today?
                      anyway it´s price is 6000sek.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">= $790
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I dunno mate, check out the trem, the trem posts and check the frets...i reckon 790 is too high to pay for a guitar like that, especially since you live in europe, getting ANYTHING is a pain in the balls, especially if you needed say, a new trem, i've had to go through that stuff here in australia..Though if you have the time and patience to fix it up, twiddle with it and shit, then go for it. imo
                        Cheers

Comment

i´m kind of choosing between this guitar or a new RR3(no neck-through,no emgs, no binding, no ebony board, no hardcase)

Cause the price of the rr3 where i live is around 6000sek aswell.

i reaalllly want a Rhoads and i hate bolt-on guitars... i have considered a RR5 but i´d like it to have floyd. and it´s a litle to expensive...

Comment

Those guitars are rare over here, so I think it's a good price. I'd go for it even if I knew I'd have to replace the trem or even have it refretted. It would end up costing more, but the end result would be worth it (IMO). OTOH, I'm one of those who don't care about finish blemishes, as long as the guitar plays well.

The RR3 will give you a lower quality trem than what this one has, crap pickups and a butt-ugly chrome pickguard. I'd rather pick a used RX10D or Rhoads EX and have some money left for beer.

'bane

Comment

Working...
                            X