24 fret Import Rhoads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 fret Import Rhoads!

The PS3T was 24 fret. 1996 Catalog's got a nice clear pic of it (never noticed it before now).

Anyway [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: 24 fret Import Rhoads!

They fucked that one up. The '99 catalog had that, too. Have you ever seen a 24-fret Jackson neck with dots that didn't have them on the 24th fret, also? Don't you love people who photoshop catalogs and can't even piece the right parts together right? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] There's also a red KE2 with black bevels, just one volume knob and no pickup selector switch. I assume it's got the George Lynch push/pull thing going on, or the catalog geniuses left it out. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Course the same catalog also has a pic of a Phil Collen Archtop Pro - and how many have YOU seen? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyhoo, there's gotta be at least ONE 24 fret PS3T out there [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

LOL [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've also seen the 24 fret PS3T picture you're speaking of, but I have yet to see one "in the wild" - or meet someone who has. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

Was it Dave or somebody who modified a Rhoads bolt on body to accept a 24 fret neck? Someone on the JCF did it. Was cool too, but I've never seen 24 fret Rhoads in my life. Besides Custom orders, the "made for Japan" market did some...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
              Was it Dave or somebody who modified a Rhoads bolt on body to accept a 24 fret neck? Someone on the JCF did it. Was cool too, but I've never seen 24 fret Rhoads in my life. Besides Custom orders, the "made for Japan" market did some...
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was Budman, who crossed a Jackson rev-headstock 24-fret neck with a Charvel Avenger body. Awesome looking guitar too! =)

Thread here:
              http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...=001456#000000

'bane

Comment

Awesome! Budman ROCKS!!!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

- E.
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  The PS3T was 24 fret. 1996 Catalog's got a nice clear pic of it (never noticed it before now).

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're taking the catalogs as gospel then the RR5 is now a USA model and Randy's first Rhoads was the black one, not the white one. After all, the catalog says so, right? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane:
                    hat was Budman, who crossed a Jackson rev-headstock 24-fret neck with a Charvel Avenger body. Awesome looking guitar too! =)

Thread here:
                    http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...=001456#000000

'bane
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh sh!t!!This guitar looks awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If you're taking the catalogs as gospel then the RR5 is now a USA model and Randy's first Rhoads was the black one, not the white one. After all, the catalog says so, right? [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Now now, I thought the recent catalog's screw-ups were the result of Fender employees. The 96 Jackson catalog (I thought) was done by AMIC employees who had been there for 6 years, and since Ft Worth came up with the import models, I assumed they knew what they were talking about.
                      Then again, the same catalog shows a KV2 as being a bolt-on 22 fret dot inlayed import. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

There has to be at least one out there, right? Black Mariah's got a neckthrough KVX10 proto, so there has to be a 24 fret Performer RR, right? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

No.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                        X