Dr Newcenstein's Warbird2 Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dr Newcenstein\'s Warbird2 Rhoads

Q:I am thinking of doing a Camo refin... Is the tape usually cut by hand to mask off the different patterns? Would love to be able to buy a premade Camo masking kit.

A: I believe a base coat of white is first and then different flat colors(olive drab, desert sand, flat black, military brown) are shot through an artist airbrush. It can get those semi fine lines without looking perfectly sharp as if using masking tape. Then the clear.

FYI: When I was in the USMC motor pool, we had books with drawings showing the patterns for the various vehicles. It would be a good idea to make a drawing of the front and back of your future projects laying out the color patterns you want to use.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

LOL, I was just kidding about the nailpolish. However, it might be pretty cool with the right guitar.

Seriously though, an ebony board on a camo finish guitar would look great with yellow fret markers/inlay. Think stencilled lettering like your headstock logo.
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I do believe you could hand-cut patterns on regular printer paper. If you're handy with an image editor like Paint Shop, you might be able to design it on the computer and then print out several copies and cut out the designs for each layer.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

All great ideas.. thanks! I need to buy a compressor if I'm gonna go the airbrush route.

rich

Comment

Working...
          X