Trying to identify Jackson v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to identify Jackson v

I recently purchased a Jackson rhoads style v from a pawn shop and I'm trying to figure out what year and model. Serial number is 1017017 jackson/Fender don't have any info, it has two volume controls,1 tone and 3 way switch a floyd rose trem and the pickups say Jackson on them, body and hardware are all black.

I got it super cheap($37.00) because the neck is broke, also is not the original(bolt on) neck. It has a Charvel logo and doesn't fit in the pocket right... I have at the local music shop getting a new neck installed now.

Any ideas?

Re: Trying to identify Jackson v

With the 10 starting off the seriel number I would say it'sprobablyu Korean made and a performer series. Although I dont remember a KV performer. The correct neck would have the tell tale signs of performer or something on the truss rod cover.
    Need more input must have input. Doh Sorry brain fart.
    Gil
    Edited cuz i dont have a brain

Comment

Very hard to say, if the original neck is missing. However, Jackson pups rule out any of the current model series. I'd guess from the serial that it's korean made, probably a Performer series PS-3T.

Does it look anything like this?
      http://www.chrisguitars.com/jackson-ps3t-rhoads.jpg

'bane

Comment

Yep looks just like the ps-3t... The new neck however, will have sharkfin inlays.

Thanks Much...

Comment

Working...
        X