RR5..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5..

RR5.. are they a good deal? Musicians Friends is listing a black one at 999$, Which i think is quite high for an import JAckson. I LOVE the look of the black with gold hardware... absolutely beautiful. Discuss the RR5.

Re: RR5..

Grab your popcorn because this topic always starts the debate over USA vs. imports. Bottom line, an RR5 for $999 is not a great deal. If you are dead set on a RR5, find a clean used one for about $500-$600.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The Denim Knight:
      RR5.. are they a good deal? Discuss the RR5.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How about using the search function? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The price is high compared to the other imports, but it's only a little over half the price of the US models, and it's neck-thru w. real Duncans.

I'm also looking to get an RR5 (or similar n-t Jackson). The one thing I don't like with it, is the gold hardware. Well, I'm not against gold hardware as such, but they could at least have skipped that hideous gold plated pickguard and arrow plate. [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

'bane

Comment

If you're set on getting an RR5 then get one, though shop around and compare prices. Dont worry about thinking of other factors, cause once you do you'll only give yourself a headache, and im sure the jap neckthru's now play sweet as.
          cheers

Comment

Hold out for a used USA model for $1000 or as someone else said a used RR5 for less. The RR5 is over-priced new.

Comment

I was in the same boat. Looking for a White RR5 and was gonna spend a grand on it, plus h/case for an extra $120 but music123.com shafted me on 2 seperate occasions. I called up a local shop and asked them when they could get me an RR5. They said it would be about 2 weeks but they had a yellow(gold perl) RR1T in the box for $1200 w/ H/case, shirt, and extra set of strings. I looked at it and jumped at it. I love the guitar but am afraid I'll ding it. I just don't have the comfort level with it as I do my DKMG. My RR1T sounds MUCH better the my DKMG but like I said, it is a comfort thing!!

Comment

Here's a couple of my posts on the subject...

RR5 Newly purchased

Scroll down abou 8 posts and read my comparison in this thread:
                RR5 vs. RR1 vs. RR1T

- Eric
                Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Working...
                X