DXMG or DKMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG or DKMG?

So, now I'm not sure whether to get a DXMG or a DKMG. I suppose you'll tell me the DKMG is a better guitar, but what are the real differences? They have the same pickups (2xEMG-HZ), the same bridge, etc. Why is the DKMG better? And how much does the 20db turbo charger add? Is it a noticable addition?

Re: DXMG or DKMG?

People probably prefer the DKMG beacuse of the booster, which will boost the input signal to your amp rather noticeably. The volume change would be more noticeable on a clean channel than a drive channel, but in the drive channel
    it'd thicken up your lead tone and would
    provide some volume boost.

Other than that, they're the same except for the inlays. I prefer the sharkfins to the pirahna inlays myself, and also prefer my boost to be on a pedal, so all my guitars have it. For someone who wants a small # of guitars, all equipped with onboard boost, the DKMG would be a good addition. I like the DXMG better, for the reasons stated above.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

ok, thanks for all the answers. i'm pretty sure it'll be a DXMG, and i'm actually considering getting one of those yellow road hazard's from guitarxpress... =)

Comment

Why is the DKMG better?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure that it is.
        I suppose you'll tell me the DKMG is a better guitar, but what are the real differences?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why are you assuming the DKMG is the better guitar? Both are very nice guitars, so it would be a personal choice. The main diiference I see, besides the boost feature, are the pirahna inlays vs. regular sharkfins and the DK is carved top (archtop) vs. the DX being a traditional dinky shape. Other than that, they are pretty much the same guitar, so it would just depend on which one you prefer. I don't think one is better than the other, but right now, I prefer the DKMG, just because I *love* archtops and the way they feel. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] I would seriously love to get one of those Road Hazard DXMGs from Guitar Xpress though. [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] MMmmmmmmMMmmmm [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

The DKMG has an archtop.

BTW, i couldn't care less about the boost on the DKMG.

The DXMG is a great guitar.

Hope it helps,

Rodrigo
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Yellow is great for a Grindcore band. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey.

I own DXMG and I'm pretty satisfied since I installed EMG 81. I'm not saying that I wasn't pleased with stock pickups EMG HZ but I sold them to a rock-playing guy and he couldn't be more lucky. Now I have 81 and the punch is amazing.

If you're looking for the sound on the guitar, look for the pickups, but if you want a sexy guitar you have to check various guitar manufacturers. I think wood doesn't affect too much on sound.

Well, go and grab your DXMG. For me it has to be black but if you like yellow more then don't hesitate and buy it.

DXMG, [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, I'm DEFINITELY no grindcorer!! But still, I just couldn't resist the urge to get a Road Hazard Yellow DXMG from Guitarxpress, so that's what I've ordered. Now all I have to do is waaaait...

Comment

Well, I'm DEFINITELY no grindcorer!! But still, I just couldn't resist the urge to get a Road Hazard Yellow DXMG from Guitarxpress, so that's what I've ordered. Now all I have to do is waaaait...

Comment

Breeze: Hey very cool! Hope you get it soon!

(Bra val förresten, ballaste DXMG'n som finns!)
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                    X