Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's that Warrior with the tape binding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's that Warrior with the tape binding?

Recently one of you posted a pic of a dude gigging an import Warrior - it was a non-bound model but the guy had applied some sort of white tape to the neck & headstock (and maybe the body too IIRC). I think it was a WRXT.

Could you post that pic again, and include some notes about the Warrior owner, what product and method he used, etc.

Thanks in Advance,
    R
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Re: Where\'s that Warrior with the tape binding?

Haha, thanks for posting. I almost forgot that you replied to my PM recommending me to publicly as the JCF. I SWEAR it was YOU who posted that original Warrior picture though! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Alright, I'll contribute. It was actually a black WRMG, not a WRXT. How do I know? The fretboard had those tiny piranha inlays, not sharkfins, and the pickups were EMG-HZs. The guitarist had carefully put white tape trimming around the body, simulating white body binding/purfling. It looked AWESOME.

Comment

Wasn't me. But I did post in the thread. I tried to find it, but gave up.

Comment

I found the thread! Phew!!

http://www.jcfonline.com/cgi-bin/ult...c;f=1;t=001658

Seems that it was Troy who posted it! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

That is SOOOO wicked! The body purfling really goes well with the white neck/headstock binding!! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Good joerb! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

isn't this the guy from Yattering ? (polish death / grind ), he had a warrior and he looks similar

Comment

I recently tried that on my MusicYo Baretta.. I used black auto pinstripe tape. It came out much better than I expected it would. Plus, $5 worth bought me enough to do 7 or 8 guitars. If you want, later today I'll post pics.

Comment

I have to agree, the pin striping does make that guitar look awesome.
                OffRampMotel:
                If you want, later today I'll post pics.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And PLEASE DO post pics of the guitar you did!!
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Like I said, I bought a roll of car pinstriping tape for $4.98, just to give it a try. I just did a 5 minute job on it just to see if it was worth spending time on a good, precise job. The way it is now it looks good from 5 feet away, but up close you can tell that I didn't line it up straight all the way around. All things considered, however, I think it came out all right. Probably this weekend I'll take off that and do a better job on it.

Comment

Damn!! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] That is awesome! I think I'll buy some white pinstriping tape and trim all my guitars like that. If only there existed a "fake MOP" or "fake abalone" tape that I could trim my acoustic guitars' bodies, soundholes, and headstocks with... damn, that would be SWEET!!

Comment

Looks good from here, bro!!
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks...it was easily worth the $5 for the tape and 5 minutes to put it on.

The tape I bought was 1/4" 3M auto pinstriping tape. It's real easy to work with, and very thin, so it's hardly noticeable when you have it on your guitar. Although when I get it lined up all nice and perfect, I may put some clearcoat over it.

Comment

I'm guessing that it bends, twists, and responds well to the curves of your guitar without wrinkling up anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                          X