X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any information about this Dinky ?

Hello,

I just scored this Jackson Dinky on ebay:

The seller claims it is a Professional Dinky but i searched the sales folder of jackson museum and found no information about this guitar. Does anyone know more about this guitar such as year of construction, features and quality ?

thanks
    Dennis

Re: Any information about this Dinky ?

It's hard to tell because of the dark pic.

Looking at the general shape. I'd say it's an Import.

Does it say "Professional" on the headstock? If so it could be a 90s Dinky Rev perhaps, or possible even a DX10 if not.

There's one or 2 other models it *might* be as well.

Need a clearer pic. Describe it in more detail. pickup/control config.. does it have a sculpted heel? What kind of trem, markings ect.. Is there a scallop on the lower horn, ect..

I just realized it has rev sharkies.., if it also has 2 hums I'd say it's likely a DX10

Comment

thanks for the answer.

the seller says it is one of the "Professional" series. It has 2 Humbuckers, the bridge one has "rails". Inlays are MOP. Could this be a 90's Dinky Reverse ?

thanks
      Dennis

Comment

What are the frist few #'s on the serial # and does it have a "made in _ " sticker on the back of the neck?

Comment

94 and 95 professional DR-5s had offset dot inlays.And had either a shaller floyd or a jt580 trem(lo pro type).
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Doody:
            the seller says it is one of the "Professional" series.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seller can claim anything he wants but DOES IT SAY PROFESSIONAL ON THE HEADSTOCK?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Like this:

It's a Dinky of some sort, we NEED MORE DETAILED INFO from you, sir!

Like the serial number (should be stamped on neckplate or on a sticker on back of neck somewhere)

Also check for a MADE IN _____ sticker

(Japan, India, etc)

Let's clear this up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, that pic is craptacular! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
              Seller can claim anything he wants but DOES IT SAY PROFESSIONAL ON THE HEADSTOCK?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

It's a Dinky of some sort, we NEED MORE DETAILED INFO from you, sir!

Like the serial number (should be stamped on neckplate or on a sticker on back of neck somewhere)

Also check for a MADE IN _____ sticker

(Japan, India, etc)

Let's clear this up! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, that pic is craptacular! [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [/QB]
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hahaha, I know this photo is crap....I didn't take it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The problem is that I won the auction this evening so it could take some days till the guitar arrives. I got not further information about it before I placed my bid but it wasn't that expensive so I thought I should try my luck...
              The seller claims it is a "Professional" - so lets say it has "Professional" on the headstock which means it is a Japan made guitar:
              What exact model would this be ? As I wrote before, I searched the whole sales-folder and I didn't find a Dinky Reverse "Professional" with reversed MOP sharks and rail pickup....
              Is there a chance that is a "special-run" guitar or is it likely it is a guitar that is put together with parts from other guitars ?

thanks
              Dennis

Comment

Oh! OK, sorry Dennis! It wasn't clear that you didn't have the axe yet! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What's the link to the auction? Maybe there are more clues there. I think the rails pup is non stock.

Comment

Oh! OK, sorry Dennis! It wasn't clear that you didn't have the axe yet! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

What's the link to the auction? Maybe there are more clues there. I think the rails pup is non stock.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">no problem [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                  I won the guitar on Ebay Germany so I think it wouldn't help you that much [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  But there is no additional information, it just says: "Dinky Rev. Professional, all black hardware, basswood body, maple neck,rosewood fb, MOP reverse sharks, 24 frets, bridge pickup Jackson with rails "

I guess I have to wait till it arrives.... I hope it is one of the "good ones" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Doody:
                    I won the guitar on Ebay Germany so I think it wouldn't help you that much [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Humor me.

Comment

Humor me.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...gory=2384&rd=1

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

The DRs had a J80 inthe neck and a Dual rail in the bridge.I'd say this could be 96 or newer I don't know about the sharkies I've never seen them on a DR-5.The DR-6 had sharkies I don't know for sure but I don't think they used the rail bridge hum on the DR-6 or a floyd I think they were TOM strung thru the body.I'm tired hell I don't know!! [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sleep.gif[/img]

Comment

It could just be a regular Dinky Reverse before they started using the model number designation. I had a Candy Apple Green Dinky Reverse with MOP reverse sharkfin inlays... the truss rod cover said Dinky Rvs. I also had a deep purple Dinky reverse with MOP offset dot inlays that said Dinky Rev. on the truss cover. Both said Professional on the headstock.
                          Even the imports of today are technically part of the "Professional" series, even though they don't say it on the headstock.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard:
                            The DR-6 had sharkies I don't know for sure but I don't think they used the rail bridge hum on the DR-6 or a floyd I think they were TOM strung thru the body.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The DR6 did have sharkfins (reverse, I believe) but it had only 22 frets, and it was TOM/string-thru.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

EGGSACKLEY!!

Comment

Working...
                              X