Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the biggest strings that can fit on a DKMG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the biggest strings that can fit on a DKMG?

Hey everyone, I picked up a Jackson DKMG back in December and I was just wondering what are the largest strings that people have put on the licensed floyd-rose. I currently have 10-46's on it in standard tuning and would like to keep it in standard tuning.

Thanks everyone, great site [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: What are the biggest strings that can fit on a DKMG?

I put 11-56 with a Floyd with 5 springs tightened all the way. Make sure your truss rod is adjusted correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by M_E_A_T_B_A_L_L:
      Hey everyone, I picked up a Jackson DKMG back in December and I was just wondering what are the largest strings that people have put on the licensed floyd-rose. I currently have 10-46's on it in standard tuning and would like to keep it in standard tuning.

Thanks everyone, great site [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">try SIT's 11-50 set great for standard tuning and for tuning in D or C#. not a big adjustment from 10 to 46's but you'll really notice the difference . if you like the tention even tighter without going with a thicker gauge try the stainless steel SIT's 11-50 . //Steve

Comment

Not long ago, I took my DK2-BOF (which I normally keep tuned in drop-C), and tried putting on a heavier set than what I am usually using, which are Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottoms (10-13-17-30-42-52). Tried them Zakk Wylde heavy strings, where the (normally) low E string was a 70 gauge if I remember correctly (I was wanting to learn some Nevermore, who tune down to B-flat, although their guitarist IS using a 7-string guitar); anyways, that .70 gauge string was too thick to fit in the eye-socket of the tuning peg, so I had to run out and get something a bit lighter just to get that low, like a .56 gauge, I think it was....At that low of a tuning for that string in particular, it still felt a little like it was floppin' in da breeze, though... [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X