Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky Serial Info is Needed

Hello,

I now own Jackson Dinky Std, of the Professional line and its serial number is: 930334.

The Headstock says Professional and where the cover that covers the truss rod screw says Dinky Std.

What is year was the guitar made to your estimate and is it definitely a Japanese made just because it says Professional on the Headstock?

Re: Jackson Dinky Serial Info is Needed

1993 and yes.

Now where's that FAQ? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yep 93.Those are some of the best dinkys.92 and 93 standards are on par with some of the USA dinkys.The hum is a JH-2 and the singles are stacked so no noise.what trem to you have?It should have the schaller floyd.By far my favs are the dinky std, DR-5 and fusion H-H.If you ever want to sell those pickups let me know. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hello,

I do have the schaller tremolo
        I replaced the stock Pickups with EMG active ones.
        SA SA 85, I prefered something warmer than 81.

If I knew how to post pics I would send you one.
        It has a transparent Pickguard and it's a deep blue color. and there's a blue color on the Headstock too, really cool.

My Trem is not in its best condition, the 6th string settle is little problematic, the spring that adjusts the fine tuning is stuck at a certain position and won't rise any further,
        I was told it could be due to rust.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I also have to oil most of the hardware as I didn't do it when I bought it, and neither it was done on Setup..

I didn't do it myself, I barely replace strings on my own...

Cya! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The tension plate just may need to be bent back into place.I would just replace the tension plate I'm sure somebody aroud here has one.By all means take the trem apart and clean it WD 40 or some thing that will remove the rust.Simply cleaning a problematic trem well in most cases will solve most problems.If you still have the pickups from that guitar I'd love to have them.(if your willing to sell them). [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi Richard,
            Unfortunately I don't have the passive pickups
            they went to another Jackson that I sold...

Cheers!

BetaCAM.

Comment

What color is your guitar?
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Hi,

A simple short glance at the upper page you will see that my second post answers your question.

Anyway, it's a deep metalic blue color with a transparent Pickguard, the Headstock has the deep blue color as well...

Cheers! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Sorry, I've stated before that I rarely read all the posts. I've gotten into the habit of skimming a lot.

Anyhooo.. Those blue jackson pickups would have looked cool.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

By BetaCAM:
                    its serial number is: 930334.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">&
                    What is year was the guitar made to your estimate
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By RacerX:
                    1993 and yes.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How do you figure? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I don't get the Pro series serial numbers then as mine is : 702547, but it's a '96 or '97. It has professional on the headstock, but a very different serial. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Yours is a '97 (first number=last number of year up till '99 IIRC, when they went to the "96" numbers)

Newc
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X