Man I love this thing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I love this thing!

I am just loving this DK-2. This thing just shreds!! Nicest playing guitar I have played in a lonnng time and I have been at this for over 25 years. I played Ibanez for a while back in the late 80's and they were cool but they always sounded thin to me. Well except for the S model I had. That thing was killer. Been playing G&L's mostly through the 90's and Fender Strats for the last couple of years but man, the Strats and G&L are in the cases and the Jackson is on the stand, ready to go. Been playing it since pretty much non-stop since I got it a couple of weeks ago. Swapped out the cheapo electronics for some reliable stuff and this thing ROCKS!!!!! Thank you Jackson. Good stuff. And BTW, cool place you have here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Peace. Rock on!

Frank

Re: Man I love this thing!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Congrats on seeing the light [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And, for future reference, if you ever plan to swap out the tremolo, a real Floyd Rose will fit just fine [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Yes! The DK2 rocks. It's my favorite Jackson. I like my DK2 better than alot of the SL1's I've played. I have a Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion in the bridge. Since I bought it almost 2 years ago Ihave had at least a dozen guitars go through my hands an it's stll here. Congratulations. Now very few "other" guitars will tickle ya like a Jackson.

Comment

It seems that everyone who's got one, is really happy with their DK2. Seems to be super bang for the buck. Maybe I should get one for myself, too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'm just wondering, how's the JT580LP tremolo like? I got a cheap-ass PS-4 and the trem is a total POS. If I upgrade to a DK2 (or a DXMG maybe) I'll end up with a solid guitar with good hardware? The trem on my PS-4 (JT500?) is made from some crappy REALLY soft metal. I just yesterday stripped the screw that tightens the string block [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Guess I overtightened it, although I didn't use that much force.

Comment

The DK2s use the JT-580 trem, and Import copy of the Floyd Pro where is is a little smaller than the Floyd 2(Schaller Floyd) and it has the String Locks on top of the Trem instead of in the back like the Original and schaller Floyd 2. As for quality, I am not sure in the long run, but if that project with the 1 Hum DK2 goes into reality, it will get a real workout, and if it dies, then I will put a Floyd Pro in there [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Cool. Looks like I am in good company [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

The JT580 seems to be ok. I have it blocked so you can't pull up on it. This guitar is gonna get used for gigging and I hate when I break a string in the middle of a song and the whole guitar goes out. I do this with all of my guitars. Might change it for a Floyd Pro or Original at some point just to see what all of the huh-bub is but no hurry, it's working just fine for now. I owned a few Kramers in thier heyday and loved the old Original Floyds on those. Anybody know the difference between a Floyd Pro and Original or is that another thread? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Peace out.

Comment

The Floyd Pro is slightly smaller and has the string locks on top of the trem instead of behind it like the Original. The Floyd 2 is the same as the Original, but has shorter locking pins in the back. Some DK2s, the original drops right in, some nead slightly routed. I would think the Floyd 2 or Pro would fit just fine? Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat:
                I am just loving this DK-2. This thing just shreds!! Nicest playing guitar I have played in a lonnng time and I have been at this for over 25 years. I played Ibanez for a while back in the late 80's and they were cool but they always sounded thin to me. Well except for the S model I had. That thing was killer. Been playing G&L's mostly through the 90's and Fender Strats for the last couple of years but man, the Strats and G&L are in the cases and the Jackson is on the stand, ready to go. Been playing it since pretty much non-stop since I got it a couple of weeks ago. Swapped out the cheapo electronics for some reliable stuff and this thing ROCKS!!!!! Thank you Jackson. Good stuff. And BTW, cool place you have here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Peace. Rock on!

Frank
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">we likw having you here man ! and yes dk2's rock , i almost had one from kevin easton dirt cheap in crimson swirl ... but nasty fender came along and bought the company the weekend I ordered it [Friday] bastards ! lol ! oh well my dxmg in gunmetal grey plays as nice , but the dk2 crimson swirl would have been cool too .... bastards [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                X