Pickup Change to DR7 or any other 7-String

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Change to DR7 or any other 7-String

Hello, I am contemplating buying a DR7. I would want to change the Duncan Design PUPs IMMEDIATELY because I want a really focused sound coming out of it. Anybody have one of these (or a DX7) and want to share their replacement PUP experiences? Thanks.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Re: Pickup Change to DR7 or any other 7-String

I'm in the process of trying to obtain one myself. I have settled on the Duncan Distortion 7 for the pickups.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

I have a DR7T with a SD Distortion in the bridge and I left the stock neck beacause it really didn't need to be replaced. Mine sounds very good. I also like the 7 string Invader which sounds almost nothing like the 6 string version. Its very tight and has great harmonics.

Comment

I've got a Custom and a Jazz in my RG1527. I highly recommend looking into this combo. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a DR7 and when I first bought it, I was definitely going to replace the pickups. But after I adjusted the pickup heights, I really like the stock pickups... especially the neck. And this is saying a lot because I ALWAYS replace the pickups!

Comment

Well... I do have a DR3 now for 2 years and I've hesitated on the PUP change with it. I find that the Duncan Designed are actually okay and they have a pleasing kind of sqawk and spank quality to 'em. I just don't want this feel out of the 7 though. I want that Petrucci:

Tight and defined as all hell

or

Thick and meaty

triggered with the turning of some amp knobs or midi preset changes.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

i have a dr7 with Air norton in the neck and sounds amazing, Ddesigned are crap

Comment

Working...
              X