Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stock bolt on Kelly, rev head, rev sharkfins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stock bolt on Kelly, rev head, rev sharkfins?

hi guys
    ist there anything like a production model in kelly-shape with bolt on neck and reversed head and reversed sharkfins???
    Bought it on ebay for 300€ incl case.
    I got no further information yet.
    I´m looking forward to when it arrives.
    greetz andy

Re: stock bolt on Kelly, rev head, rev sharkfins?

Does it say Professional on the headstock? And does it have binding on the neck and headstock, and no neckplate? If so, it's an XLR. They were made around '95/'96.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Does it look something like this?

If so, I assume you're looking at a KE3R.

Comment

the ebay-seller said it was a pro standard
        but as i know there were no STD reversed´s and the STD´s have no shark fins
        the photo is quite bad
        on the head could be written "professional"
        so it should be a XLR
        but i can´t see no binding at all?
        so i´m a little confused
        by the way: is 300€ fair?
        i think it´s ok
        andy

Comment

You're in Europe right? It could be a KE-X, which was part of a model series that was only marketed in Europe and Australia I believe.

The KE-X should have a bolt-on maple neck, non-bound rosewood fretboard, reverese headstock (no "professional" on it), reverse sharkfin inlays, black hardware (JT580LP trem), Jackson pickups (if they're still stock), one volume and a 3-way toggle switch. The european "X-guitars" only came in a few finishes - among them metallic black and trans purple (can't recall the rest).

Pic:

Comment

I would like to have more info about this serie,is it made in korea?It's different from the normal MII X serie right?I still have to discover what kind of Dinky is mine...

Comment

Could be a KE3R too

Comment

Oops, didn't see the last part of CoryKer's post [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

hey
                  that´s exactly the b/w picture from ebay
                  i´m sure this one was in the description for the guitar i bought
                  all the same with the strings, strap and stuff
                  did you watch it too or are you the seller or did the seller take it from somewhere?
                  andy

Comment

Originally posted by Mordor:
                    I would like to have more info about this serie,is it made in korea?It's different from the normal MII X serie right?I still have to discover what kind of Dinky is mine...
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They were made in japan, and yes, they're not the same thing as the current X series. Finding info on them is very hard - everything I know about them comes from user reviews on Harmony Central and various outdated websites. They had a few different body shapes which all had reverse headstocks (except the RR model).

I still have no idea what pickups that came stock in these. Some think they are J90's, while others say J70 or some such thing. In my personal opinion, the stock pickups blow anyway - they were pretty hot (I'd say medium output), but were very bassy and got extremely muddy with palm muted riffs.

Originally posted by model1:
                    hey
                    that´s exactly the b/w picture from ebay
                    i´m sure this one was in the description for the guitar i bought
                    all the same with the strings, strap and stuff
                    did you watch it too or are you the seller or did the seller take it from somewhere?
                    andy
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I found it at this webpage:
                    http://www.ee.oulu.fi/~jaikio/gear.html

'bane

Comment

hi
                      it seems the seller can´t stand any questions.
                      when i asked him to name the guitar exactly, because it was not his pic, he went crazy and told me bad things, he wouldn´t sell it to me and stuff. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
                      i can take that. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      there are so much idiots around that don´t know about jacksons but like to sell them.
                      so i rather stay here to talk to people who know what they´re saying. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      till next time

Comment

Originally posted by model1:
                        it seems the seller can´t stand any questions.
                        when i asked him to name the guitar exactly, because it was not his pic, he went crazy and told me bad things, he wouldn´t sell it to me and stuff.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] That's strange. Makes me think something's fishy with it. I mean, why get offended just 'cause someone is asking for more info?

'bane

Comment

In Australia the Jackson Kelly's with dots instead of Sharkfin inlays were made in Korea and considerably cheaper in price.

If you read the thread 'Is my Jackson genuine' you will find more info on certain types of Japanese Kelly's.

Comment

Working...
                          X