Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Jackson body did I just purchase and will my neck and hardware from a PS-4 fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Jackson body did I just purchase and will my neck and hardware from a PS-4 fit?

How can I tell for sure?

Comment

Re: What Jackson body did I just purchase and will my neck and hardware from a PS-4 fit?

Yeah, it looks like the shorter 24 3/4" scale because the pickup routes are a lot closer together than a 25 1/2" scale like a soloist. So the body is likely designed for a 24-fret short scale neck.

The best way to tell for sure is to place a neck you have on and measure from the 12th fret to the nut and from the 12th fret to the bridge, to where the strings insert, and these 2 distances should be more or less equidistant for the guitar to properly intonate.

Since, there's speculation that's it's a short scale neck, the entire length of the string should be close to 24 3/4".
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by ninja1195:
        According to the seller "This is a full size body.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dinkies, Fusions and Soloists have pretty much the same size body... 7/8 the size of a Strat.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
          Doncha hate combatting these urban legends, Tekky? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Damn skippy!
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Working...
          X