Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson JS300RR

Hi guys I'm new to the forum [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

About 2 months ago I traded my RX10D for a Tokai Les Paul, I'm thinking about swapping the Tokai back to a Jackson, but I definetly DON'T want a Floyd Rose. So I was excited to see the new JS Rhoads model, has anyone got one of these or tryed one? are they any good? any pics please [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson JS300RR

Look here,
    http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000568

Comment

My 2 Gil:

A Tokai LP is a keeper. The JS30RR is made in India (a factory not reknowned for its quality work), and it's built out of cedro wood. Plus, even the prototypes had quality issues - and even if those have been properly dealt with, so that the production guitars are fine, you'd just trade a good guitar for one with significantly lower value.

If you want a Rhoads bolt-on with a fixed bridge, pick up a used JRR-94 for cheap, AND keep your LP.

'bane

Comment

I know what you mean but I live in the UK and finding a decent JRR-94 here would be very hard [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] and my Tokai is the cheap Korean model, it's a factory 2nd due to a tiny tiny little black mark nder the laquer, only cost me £250

Comment

Okay, then I understand. But is it really that hard to find a JRR-94 in the UK? I'm in Sweden and I see used ones go pretty cheaply every now and then. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Anyway, if you go for the JS30RR, definitely test play it before you buy it. If it was me, I'd scrutinize every little bit of the guitar to make sure they didn't skip on something.

There are a couple of reassuring factors though:
          1) Jackson seems to have gotten better quality control in general since the Fender buyout.
          2) According to Ron's review, at least the JS30's have a nice neck profile and good pickups.

'bane

Comment

Don't worry I always try before I buy [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The first Jackson I had was a PS3 Rhoads, which I sold to the other guitarist in my band, he's just installed EMG 81/85's and it's made it sound like a guitar twice the price, so if I did get a JS Rhoads then I think I'd do the same.

I'm very pleased to see on the pic from the Namm show they've used Gibson 3 way p/up selector instead of those ugly Fender style ones [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ...it's a shame it doesn't have shark fin inlays though [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Just make sure you ask for the JS Thirty RR

NOT JS Three hundred RR!

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] yeah I talk better than I type [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I like this one. Let's keep 'im! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  Seriously tho', forgot to say: Welcome! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Cheers [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Looks like the Jackson will have to wait, my JCM 900 needs repairing [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X