Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a hard tail Jackson. What is out there that will work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a hard tail Jackson. What is out there that will work?

I'm looking for a hard tail Jackson. What is out there that will work? I think that some are called DR-6 or the like? I need a string thru design with a Les Paul bridge. NO 7 string please!

Any suggestions or sales presently? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: I\'m looking for a hard tail Jackson. What is out there that will work?

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/
    [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I suppose that I should have mentioned that I am buying used only, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] so I am limited to pretty much ebay and the like.

Any used models that fit the bill?

Comment

RR5 is hard tail

Comment

Technically, the guitars mentioned don't have "hard tail" bridges. They're string-thru body with TOM bridges. Hardtails are like this on my Fender. And my Hamer is a TOM/stoptail. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Used? I'd suggest Easton Guitars or eBay.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Most of the guitars you'll see on the Jackson site can also be found used (except maybe the newest additions - but by the time they pull their thumbs out and update the page, those will be out there too... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] ).

Anyway, if you can figure out more specifically what you're after, it would be easier to throw out some suggestions. And if some of the current Jacksons appeal to you, maybe we could recommend something similar...

Gah! I've been GAS-ing for a used RR5 for a while now. They pop up every now and then, but the planets haven't been lining up as of yet (the right time, the right place, the right finish, the right weight of my wallet, etc...). ...And when (if?) the neck-thru RR24 comes out, that would be my first priority.

'bane

Comment

Look for a SLSMG used. They seem to go for around 400 or so on ebay.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Toejam,I would be interested in the red guitar. Drop me a line at [email protected]. Thanks Tim
                  Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Yes, there was a DR6 a few years ago (22 frets), that's been discontinued. The only other Professional model I know of is the Dinky HX (24 frets), and I've got a black one and a red one. Only about 100 were made in '94. I may be willing to sell the red one... I took the original import pickups and push/pull coil tap tone control out and put in a DiMarzio Tone Zone and Jackson J50N. Here's a crappy pic of them. I've got a new camera, so I'll have to take some better pics later.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The DKMGT is great if you can find one used. I know you said stop tail, but a string thru body set up is just as good if not better for string energy transfer to the wood. ALso the Stealth HX is a three hum string thru with t-o-m bridge.
                      Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK:
                        The DKMGT is great if you can find one used. I know you said stop tail, but a string thru body set up is just as good if not better for string energy transfer to the wood.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DKMGTs are a killer value. They play and sound great. Got mine on ebay for 400.00 w/ case.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Look for a SLSMG used. They seem to go for around 400 or so on ebay.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I WISH! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Only 1 has sold for around that. Last one on the bay sold for $700. They are usually $600 and up when they show up.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

Working...
                          X