Hello all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

I'm new here so I wanted to step in and say hi. Back in the eighties I always played Japanese Charvels, then I got into the Telecaster thing for years but the other day I was checking out some pawn shops and found a perfect Jackson Professional Fusion EX, serial #210897. I've been away from these things for a long time so I'm hoping some of you in the know can tell me about it. It's 24 fret, bolt-on, rosewood board, offset dot inlays, floyd type trem, h/s/s with a pickguard. It's in perfect shape and with a hardshell case I paid $200!

RHJ

Re: Hello all!

Hey, welcome aboard! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I don't know much about the Fusion models except that they're 24.75" scale (a "fusion" between a Strat body and the Gibson-type scale). And, as I'm sure you know, anything that says Professional on the headstock is Japanese. There's other guys here who have Fusions and hopefully can help you out.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Dont know anything about the Fusion's but wanted to welcome you to the board. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ive never seen a Fusion EX with a pickguard.
        Odd but OK!! [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
        Hopefully the neck wasnt swaped out for a Fusion neck. But anyway acording to the seriel I would say it's a 92 Japanese made Professional series Jackson. They rivaled the USA stuff for quality and craftsmanship at the time. Great guitars especailly for two hundred bucks.
        Gil

Comment

EX's were Professionals? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

I thought they were the replacement (or same line as) Performers.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
            EX's were Professionals? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep, EX and HX were Professionals.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

All righty then.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X