SLSMG Trans black.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLSMG Trans black.

Well it arrived this morning and what a cracking guitar.

I have been after a trans black one since I saw it for the first time and HAD to own one.

The flame is nice and tight and looks great under a good light, the flame on the headstock is great as well.

Very thin neck, feels thinner then on my KV2. This thing is definitely a quick player. The quality of the instrument is flawless, the flame is very pretty as is the overall feel of the instrument. The upper fret access is very good as well. This instrument is also VERY thin and light, its real nice to hold. For quality it holds its own no problem against my other USA Jacksons.

I never realised that on the neck the inlays would at least look like MOP. Thats very impressive. I thought it would be the usual cloudy looking plastic inlays. These look authentic which is a nice touch.

The EMG's actually sound pretty good. They give a different tone compared to others I heard, but definitely not bad thats for sure.

The only weird thing is the Ebony fretboard. Its been polished to the extent that i can see my reflection in it and when i do string bends when my finger rubs across it it makes a squeaking noise. Its a real weird feeling, but I am sure in time it will be nice and natural like my other Jacksons.

Massive kudos goes to Mattsmusic for this one. He has been great throughout with me, especially as I live in the UK. But if you are thinking of ordering from this guy then go for it. He has been great. You the man.

Here is a taster of a picture, but the better ones will come soon when my batteries are charged.

Re: SLSMG Trans black.

Sweet axe! That is pretty weird about the ebony board. But, you're probably right that with some time it will dry up a little. Can't wait for the rest of your pics!
    Man, if MF cuts the price on those any more, I may have to get one!

Comment

Hey man...Congrats on the guitar. I'm just doing this thing below before E-Racer-X can get to you.

Originally posted by Jeremy:

realised
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
      >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I am from England, therefore I spell that word properly.

So the joke is on you. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 17, 2004, 04:10 AM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Comment

Doug

Ha ha, *I* knew that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hey, congrats man [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

As you can see in another thread, I`ve had mine for a couple of days too, so I know you have a killer guitar!!!

Guess we both share the opinion of Matt, he rock`s [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X