This Jackson Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Jackson Soloist

This dude is saying his Jackson Soloist professional is a neckthru... Soloist Stnd.. but my friend has a Kelly stnd which isnt neckthru.. and this guy "lost" pictures of the back of the guitar.. hmm sounds fishy?

Luckily he lives 2 hours away from me, so if I do end up buying it, I will most likely pick it up to inspect before I exchange any money.. but seems fishy right now..

He said its a soloist from before they started making them in korea, so this one has a neckthru... honestly it doesn't look that great, needs lots of fixing up and lots of cracks.. but its $500, he said he paid $1200 retail for it.. I am waiting for some pictures of the back though

But is it possible its a neckthru?

Re: This Jackson Soloist

Serial #J300515

Comment

Save your money.

You just missed this one:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

The Soloist Standard has dots, rosewood, and no binding.

Comment

Soloist=Neckthrough, but 500 is high for a Standard, even (I would think) an NOS standard. For 500 you might find one with a bound ebony board. That's the guitar you want [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Soloist=Neckthrough, but 500 is high for a Standard, even (I would think) an NOS standard. For 500 you might find one with a bound ebony board. That's the guitar you want [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You got that right! Am I seeing "Red" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Do you remember the bright Yellow one that went for 500 about 2 months ago on the bay? I'm still pissed I missed that auction!

Comment

Yeppers. Great axe.

But you just dumped that great red one? Was it the color?

Comment

The one I let go of was red , and it was (still is) a monster player.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Do you remember the bright Yellow one that went for 500 about 2 months ago on the bay? I'm still pissed I missed that auction!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don, I remember the yellow one. I was the one who got outbid on it at the end. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] It just went over the budget my wife had set for me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don, I remember the yellow one. I was the one who got outbid on it at the end. [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] It just went over the budget my wife had set for me. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also wanted that one and just didn't have the spare cash at the moment. It was local to me, and I'm pretty sure I actually played it in a used guitar store here about ten years ago--there aren't that many yellow Soloist Pros around!! Back then, I didn't know much about them and shied away from it only because it was Japanese. Stupid me...

Comment

I didn't see it until it was over, or it would be in my stand now [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X