Kelly question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly question

Is there, or has there ever been a japanese import kelly with a floyd rose, 2 humbuckers and a set net? If not, what is a fair price for a USA version of this guitar? Thanks in advance guys.

Chuck
    "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Re: Kelly question

I don't recall any model with a set neck. I thought they were either bolt on or neck through.

Comment

Sorry, I meant neck through. Been a long day here.

Chuck

Comment

No import Kelly had a Floyd Rose trem, although the nicest ones did have the Schaller JT-590 which is just as good. No import Kelly had a set in neck, although the nicest ones did have neck through the body construction. You need to seek out a 1992-94 Kelly Pro with the through neck and Schaller tremolos. Those had the dual humbuckers too. Fine guitars, I've owned two of them, one in green metallic sparkle and one in black. They seem to be worth around $500 or so. A USA Kelly will be more of course, and a modern era Kelly might run ya $700 or so, more with a cool graphic.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

There have been very very few set neck Jacksons. Soloist Archtop Pro? And Charvel, the 750XL.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes, the Soloist AT Pro was set neck design. And Jackson did another set in neck with the Infinity of the early 90's Pro line. Charvel had a series of set necks besides the 750 and the models were LSX or something like that. They looked similar to the Jackson Infinity but most were string through the body.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Are all US Kelly's through necks? The Kelly Pro is probably the way to go if I can find one, none on e-gay atm. I will have to be persistant.

Chuck

Comment

i have a japanese KE3 with a floyd (licensed) system. gonna get it replaced with a real floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo:
                  Are all US Kelly's through necks?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah. KE1, KE2.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I am in the process of tracking a through neck Kelly down. I really would rather have a USA model, perhaps I will get lucky and find a good price on one. Wish me luck, it's taken me freakin 5 months to decide which Jackson I want to get, now all I have to do is find one.

Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Travis:
                      I don't recall any model with a set neck. I thought they were either bolt on or neck through.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too. I think that only USA models are neck thrue body, and imported series are bolt on. I had never seen kelly with set neck

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                        i have a japanese KE3 with a floyd (licensed) system. gonna get it replaced with a real floyd
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I had before Kx10, and now i have ps3t from '95, and i'm gonna replace it with schaller floyd rose II or III.

Comment

I have a green sparkle Kelly Pro and its awesome. Neck trhu design and Schaller JT590 trem. (Basically same as current Floyd Rose II model), Ebony board the works. If you want the USA quality with out the oprice try to find one of the early 90's Kelly Pro's. Youwont be sorry. I'm not.
                          Gil

Comment

I am keeping my eyes open for a 90's kelly pro neck through. I will grab either one of those or a US model depending on what I see 1st in a color I like.

Chuck

Comment

Hey Gil did you buy that green sparkle Kelly off ebay about 3 years ago?I'm trying to track down my old one.The pros are so nice and are getting hard to find.The green sparkle is one of the coolest colors.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X