Kelly Professional Std ID Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Professional Std ID Help!!

Hey...I just picked up a Jackson Professional Standard Kelly and need some info.

I picked it up including a G&G look-alike case for $150, which I didn't think was too bad. What do you think??

The serial ## is J000922. I realize that it is an import, but want to know roughly when it was made.

Also, the tremolo is weird...I haven't seen one like it before. It has Jackson imprinted on it, with licensed under Floyd Rose patents also. It has the usual "look" but the string locks are forward of the string retainers [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What model trem does this sound like [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Also, will a OFR replace this critter [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Thanks in advance for the info...you guys always come through for me [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Re: Kelly Professional Std ID Help!!

Mm.. I'd like to add a question if I may...

What's a Jackson Professional Standard Kelly? Is it the discontinued KE4?

btw, there was very little doubt in my mind that MRs. LPC is real... I was just kidding [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

The Jackson Professional series were the MIJ imports....

The quality is supposed to be high...

OK....since you are "questioning" the guitar...it has Jackson Professional on the headstock, and on the truss rod cover, it has Kelly Std.....

So, that is what I based my question on [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

With the J000922 S/N, I am assuming that it is an early model...with perhaps early 90's....but I am no expert by any means on imports. This is my first Jackson import....

The only other Jacksons I have are a 99 SL-1 and 87 Dinky Strat....

Comment

Originally posted by LesPaulCustom:

OK....since you are "questioning" the guitar...it has Jackson Professional on the headstock, and on the truss rod cover, it has Kelly Std.....

So, that is what I based my question on [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">? Is there a misunderstanding here? I'm not questioning the guitar. I'm not questioning your basis either... what's with the poking?
        I'm getting a Professional kelly myself, I just don't know what the 'standard' is about...

Comment

It just seemed that you were questioning my integrity or ability to read and comprehend English....which is why I made the [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I don't know about the Standard part...perhaps due to the neck having dots vice sharks....I dunno.....

I am, like I said earlier, no expert on imports and wanted to inquire here....where the experts mingle [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I wasn't trying to do ANY of that.

Sigh. I made a really bad impression on you guys and now you guys are being unusally critical of me. I don't blame you guys, it's understandable.
            But you know what, I'm gonna make myself another account and just lurk and not post anything but occasioanl tech questions. Admins feel free to delete my account.

It'll save you guys from my bullshit which many of you apparently hate, and save me from your bullshit. Fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell is a KE4? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hey...I just picked up a Jackson Professional Standard Kelly and need some info.

I picked it up including a G&G look-alike case for $150, which I didn't think was too bad. What do you think??

The serial ## is J000922. I realize that it is an import, but want to know roughly when it was made.

Also, the tremolo is weird...I haven't seen one like it before. It has Jackson imprinted on it, with licensed under Floyd Rose patents also. It has the usual "look" but the string locks are forward of the string retainers [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

What model trem does this sound like [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Also, will a OFR replace this critter [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would be a JT580LP trem. LP stands for low-profile, and indeed it puts the locking pins on top right behind the saddles. The Standard is an early '90s model with white plastic dot inlays. I had a deep metallic blue one around '92, I got rid of it pretty quick, as I didn't really care for the LP trem, but I had never used one before and wasn't that familiar with it, had a problem with the low E string popping out of the saddle as I couldn't get the wrench properly in to lock it. Stupid me now realizes that all I had to do was move the saddle forward and I'd have been fine! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I had another Professional Kelly and a couple Dinky Reverses since with the JT580LP and thought it was fine and never had any tuning problems. If you want an OFR on there, it should swap out with no problems. Seems like you got a great deal on yours! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by toejam:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by mt:
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What the hell is a KE4? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eh, never mind. I answered my own question. I found one in the '96 catalog archives. Totally forgot about those. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] http://www.jacksonmuseum.com/archive...f-96-page7.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
                    But you know what, I'm gonna make myself another account and just lurk and not post anything but occasioanl tech questions. Admins feel free to delete my account.

It'll save you guys from my bullshit which many of you apparently hate, and save me from your bullshit. Fair enough.
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MT...you really need to grow the fuck up bro [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You approach people in the entirely wrong way, and when you get punked, you get defensive and act like a sniveling little b!tch [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

If I had replied to your post in kind, you would have thought basically the same thing...

Toejam...thanks [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ....I appreciate it. It seems to be built really well...I haven't set it up yet, as I totally disassembled it to clean it and get the gunk and fur out of it. It was pretty nasty [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I think I'm gonna dump a OFR in there and see how it does...if I don't like it, I'm sure I can sell/trade it on here for something I'm interested in....

Comment

Shit, How the hell did I approach you wrongly. I meant the Mrs. LPC thing as a joke as clearly indicated by the " [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] " after it. I said you're a lucky bastard because your wife is so great. I also indicated that it was a joke by another smiley. That is a freaking envious compliment.

I asked a legitimate question and you thought I was questioning your guitar, your basis for your question. Who the hell is the one being defensive. And now you're call me a sniveling little ***** .

I feel obligated to respond to everything addressed to me. Whether it be a diss, a compliment, a comment, a misunderstanding. What is so wrong about that??

There is definitely a need for me to get my ass off this forum. A lot of you guys obviously hate my guts, and I'm gonna save myself from this bullshit, at the same time you guys won't have to stand my crap any further.

Meanwhile, my last words: fuc|< you les paul custom. Fuc|< you Chuckracer.

[ March 27, 2004, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: mt ]

Comment

Hey LPC, is the Kelly you got a neck through? And if so, did whoever sold it to you have another they want to part with? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
                        Great score too, sounds like a killer axe you got there!

Chuck
                        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

Toejam...thanks [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] ....I appreciate it. It seems to be built really well...I haven't set it up yet, as I totally disassembled it to clean it and get the gunk and fur out of it. It was pretty nasty [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

I think I'm gonna dump a OFR in there and see how it does...if I don't like it, I'm sure I can sell/trade it on here for something I'm interested in....
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No problem! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] I'd love to see pics when you get it up and running. Those old Jap Professional models are nice. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by mt:
                            Shit, How the hell did I approach you wrongly. I meant the Mrs. LPC thing as a joke as clearly indicated by the " [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] " after it. I said you're a lucky bastard because your wife is so great. I also indicated that it was a joke by another smiley. That is a freaking envious compliment.

I asked a legitimate question and you thought I was questioning your guitar, your basis for your question. Who the hell is the one being defensive. And now you're call me a sniveling little ***** .

I feel obligated to respond to everything addressed to me. Whether it be a diss, a compliment, a comment, a misunderstanding. What is so wrong about that??

There is definitely a need for me to get my ass off this forum. A lot of you guys obviously hate my guts, and I'm gonna save myself from this bullshit, at the same time you guys won't have to stand my crap any further.

Meanwhile, my last words: fuc|< you les paul custom. Fuc|< you Chuckracer.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">MT, let me be totally clear here...FUCK YOU TOO YOU FUCKING DOUCH DRINKING PRICK!!

I don't fuck around when it comes to Krista...OK...end of story....

I took your comment about the Kelly as a "I don't believe you have one or you don't know what the fuck you are talking about" kinda tone...like I can't read or something....which is why I replied with the " [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] "

As for you being a b!tch...come on, I think you have answered your own question...sniff sniff, you guys don't like me, so I'm gonna be anonymous and lurk here cause you guys pick on me [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Grow up you sniveling idiot...or if you can't take it, please leave....

What the fuck does Chuck have to do with this?? Did he beat your ass in another thread and you are trying to get him here?? I'm sure if Chuck banged you out or hurt your precious feelings you deserved it...Chuck doesn't slam people without good reason....IMO....you deserved it.

So, let me reiterate....FUCK YOU MT...I don't think many of us will miss your presence (well, maybe a lil cause you are so easy to pick on).

Toejam, the Kelly fucking rocks!! I set it up, the action is sub 1mm across the board....and it fucking wails! I don't like the feel of the trem on it, but when I change it out to a OFR, I think I'm gonna love it even more. The Jackson pups in it are a little different to me...I usually use either EMG's or Duncans....maybe change these out to my favorite setup, Duncan Custom in the bridge and a Jazz in the neck....whoo hoooo....

It is a bolt on Chas....not a neckthrough....and I don't think he had any more...all that was left for the Jackson/Charvels was a Rhoads Performer....which I don't think is a good deal at any price due to the quality concerns....

I think he just got this in on a trade...cause it was still behind the counter....and I snatched it up pretty quick...or Mrs LPC would have....

Comment

Originally posted by Chasbo:
                              Hey LPC, is the Kelly you got a neck through?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Kelly Standards are bolt necks.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X