Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Y2KV pics and review

The body:
    Full-size V, not a "Mustaine-KV-size". Graphic on top, black on back. Fine with me, though I'm sure some would want it to wrap around.
    Still not a fan of stringthrough without a V-plate, but it works on a graphic. It's not too heavy, not too light.
    The Duncan Designeds are ok - nothing special but nothing totally sickening either. I'll most likely put a Distortion in the bridge when I change the strings [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    And don't tell me that Mustaine uses a JB. I know that. I don't like the JB. I don't own a JB. It's getting a Distortion.

The neck:
    Yes, it's as thin as the Mustaine KV Pro. While not as thin as the JTX neck, it's close. The rosewood board coulda been darker. Ebony shmebony.
    This looks like heavily stained maple more than rosewood. Could be cedar for all I know, it's light enough [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    MOP-ish fins (could be MOP, could be pearloid, couldn't matter less).
    No binding. This I'm not fond of. Is binding so difficult to work with and expensive that it can't be gratuitous?

Complaint Department:
    How many times do I have to explain this? Strap pin placement of any guitar, particularly one of a radical design that is geared for things like Metal or other such styles that feature technical playing ability, MUST be done with the intent of making the guitar's neck tilt upwards into a comfortable playing position, not such that the guitar is perfectly level with the Earth.
    Yes, friends, this guitar will lay flat out as soon as you let go of the neck, which means the strap pin is in the wrong location. Whatever happened to putting them in the top center of the neckplate, or on one of the neck bolts?

And whose idea was this? I love how the tuner casing are aligned on a slope. It makes no sense, but it's interesting. I'm just glad it doesn't interfere with the operation of the tuners.
    [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Import Y2KV pics and review

Looks cool.

How come Ive never heard of an import Y2KV? Am I that far out of the loop?

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

And whose idea was this? I love how the tuner casing are aligned on a slope. It makes no sense, but it's interesting. I'm just glad it doesn't interfere with the operation of the tuners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's done that way to make it easier to tune the bottom tuners from below? Just guessing!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

7th - Could be.

Whitey - I remember Easton saying something about them once, but there were no more details, then one day I was poking through DCGL (I rarely go there because they want full retail for most of their stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ) and they wanted $750 for the last one with no case. I didn't realise they were a limited run, and wondered why no one else had them. Then they were gone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Am I that far out of the loop?

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I can already feel the onset of grim fascination with what atrocities Dr. Newcenstein will subject this guitar to!
            sigpic

Comment

Evel Knievel? All it takes is some sparkly glitter [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

how did you come by this... I want one.....DAMNIT
                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

It was on Ebay for like a week [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice score, Newc. That tuner alignment is just retarded, though.

Comment

Haha, cool. Doubt any of them reached these shores!

James

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a month, then pm him an offer! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Pretty much, yeah [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a month, then pm him an offer! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] Why wait a month? It may be Krylon'd by then. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nah - too wet and cold here to do Krylon [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X