RX10D or RR-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX10D or RR-3

I'm planing to buy a guitar soon (next week if everything comes out fine) and my problem is which one to buy. RX10d (form the X series) or the pro series RR-3?
    The rr3 looks more like the rr1 and comes from the "pro" series [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] But, then again rx10d is prettyer (it doesn't have that metal palte that covers the half of the guitar at the pot's).
    I'm atempting to put EMG's 81 and 85 soon after I buy one nad, just, I don't know which one... So, what's your sudgestion on this? Which one is better and is RR3 more expensive than rx10 or are they at the same price?
    Thx

Re: RX10D or RR-3

I think the RR3 is higher priced, but I'm not sure. Both guitars should be about equal I think. The only real advantage I see in the RR3, is that it has the jack in the upper wing (like the RR1), so you don't have to get an angled plug to play it while sitting down.

Comment

I own a RX10D, and am very happy with it. It's not a RR1 by no means, but it's a great guitar for what I paid for it. Plays like a dream. And the sound is OK....I have contemplated changing out the pups but it has way better tone than my Ibanez or BCR..
      I doubt if this helped very much, but good luck.

Comment

i would rather get the RX10D, because i hate those big metal plates [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] but i think they are on par with eachother otherwise. its all preference

Comment

I'd say rr-3. I know the jack in the lower wing used to piss me off every time again with my performer ps-3...

Comment

a friend of mine has a PS 3T and it doesn't have the angled jack on the upper wing, his has a regular jack on the lower wing, that guitar would be perfect if it had sharkfin inlays, i once saw a guitar like that, like a PS-3t but with sharkfin, that's the only thing i like about the RX 10D, i once ordered one but the assoles at musicians friend sent me a Kelly and sold the damn thing [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] anyways, go with the RR-3, beautiful guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
              Get the JS version, and put a bound Dinky neck on it to get a cheap 24-fret Rhoads.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              The JS30RR is *already* a cheap 24f Rhoads!
              But that idea (actually my idea [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) will give one a bound neck with sharkies. That's exactly what I'll be doing with my KVX10 -- although my desire is a reverse headstock.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                Get the JS version, and put a bound Dinky neck on it to get a cheap 24-fret Rhoads.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                The JS30RR is *already* a cheap 24f Rhoads!
                But that idea (actually my idea [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) will give one a bound neck with sharkies. That's exactly what I'll be doing with my KVX10 -- although my desire is a reverse headstock.
                </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've been wanting a 24-fret RR for years, and when they first showed the JS, the very first thing that popped into my mind when I first saw the pics of it was "DK2 neck."

Comment

Go for it, dude! We're both on the "make the low-end Jacksons look high-end for cheap" kick! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=3;t=000710

Comment

We're gonna be known as the JCF Turd Polishers now... doing what Ed Roman is kind of doing, except legal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                      We're gonna be known as the JCF Turd Polishers now
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Speak for yourself! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're certain you'll only get one of the two, I'd go with the RX10D. The clean front is nicer to me, and it's available in lightning sky graphics now.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                          We're gonna be known as the JCF Turd Polishers now... doing what Ed Roman is kind of doing, except legal. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wouldn't have to polish any turds if Jackson had released a better version of the 24-fret. getting a DK2 neck to add to a JS isn't gonna be cheap, and neither wil be adding better p'up.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You guys must be mind readers I was thinking about buying a JS Rhoads and putting a KVX-10 neck on it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                              I wouldn't have to polish any turds if Jackson had released a better version of the 24-fret. getting a DK2 neck to add to a JS isn't gonna be cheap, and neither wil be adding better p'up.
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X