Jackson Stars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackson Stars?

Ok I talked to my dad about the guitar and I let him know that Ikebe doesn't accept PayPal or credit cards, I told him the only method of doing this transaction is through wiring money from the bank, he didn't seem to happy about this method as he is worried that we might get ripped off or whatever. Now from what I've read about Ikebe Gakki and Jackson Stars is that these guys would never think of doing something like that, I mean they're really big in Japan, if they ripped people off like that they would be out of business before the end of the first couple of days of business. Is there anything you guys can tell me that will reassure my dad in the safeness of this transaction?

Comment

I'd recommend running the site through babblefish and looking for their satisfaction guarantee. Everyone of these business usually have some type of guarantee like that.

Comment

I can vouch for Ikebe as a reputable business-- I've purchased things from them, though it was in person at one of their stores in Tokyo. You can think of them as one of the Japanese versions of Guitar Center.
        I will say that Ikebe probably doesn't get a *ton* of business from overseas, and while you may not be able to notice it, any time I've e-mailed them or seen a message somebody else got from them, from the messages I've read from them in both Japanese and English I do detect a hint of annoyance.. I get a notion that while they're willing to conduct business with overseas customers and they're not going to screw you, they aren't well set up for it and they don't seem to like doing it much since it's not a substantial portion of their business and they don't gain much out of it.

Ishibashi Music on the other hand has a bit more of a reputation among non-Japanese, since they have a few people who deal with overseas customers, and there's a bit of a market for getting Japanese Fender stuff from Japanese dealers, which is probably most of their foreign business... if you check the harmony central forums, you'll find quite a few people who have gone through Ishibashi for the Fender Japan stuff that you can't get in the US.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I can vouch for Ikebe as a reputable business-- I've purchased things from them, though it was in person at one of their stores in Tokyo. You can think of them as one of the Japanese versions of Guitar Center.
          I will say that Ikebe probably doesn't get a *ton* of business from overseas, and while you may not be able to notice it, any time I've e-mailed them or seen a message somebody else got from them, from the messages I've read from them in both Japanese and English I do detect a hint of annoyance.. I get a notion that while they're willing to conduct business with overseas customers and they're not going to screw you, they aren't well set up for it and they don't seem to like doing it much since it's not a substantial portion of their business and they don't gain much out of it.

Ishibashi Music on the other hand has a bit more of a reputation among non-Japanese, since they have a few people who deal with overseas customers, and there's a bit of a market for getting Japanese Fender stuff from Japanese dealers, which is probably most of their foreign business... if you check the harmony central forums, you'll find quite a few people who have gone through Ishibashi for the Fender Japan stuff that you can't get in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I understand Ishibashi might be a better solution to buy from since I'm overseas but they don't have the guitar I'm looking for, which is the Jackson RR-J2SP.

Comment

Blind Vomit-

Bank transfers are the default method of payment in Japan.

My phone, electric, and gas bills are directly withdrawn from my bank account, and whenever I order stuff online from businesses that don't take credit cards, I pay by bank transfer (or COD, if there's no surcharge).

I've been living in the Yokohama area for four years now, and have bought a bunch of stuff at Ishibashi. Last week I bought a guitar at Ikebe in Tokyo. They are probably the two biggest musical instrument stores, at least in the Tokyo metropolitan area. So tell your dad that there's nothing to worry about, it's just the way that business is conducted in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Hope this helps,
            -QR
            Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Thanks Quantum, I appreciate your help, also these guys ship out guitars well packed right? I don't want it to get here with any dings or broken stuff etc...

Comment

Glad to be of help!

I've never had a guitar shipped to me overseas, so other people who have actually ordered and received stuff from Ikebe or Ishibashi would be better able to answer that question, I think.
                Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Ishibashi packs their stuff well.
                  And I bought something at Ikebe for a forum member, I asked the guys at the store for a box and some packing materials to ship it in and they were helpful and gave me good stuff.
                  They will send EMS which is a very reliable method.

Comment

I e-mailed Ishibashi yesterday on whether they also carry any Edwards, they said that they don't, but can order them from the manufacturer. They must've not been busy cuz they answered back this morning.

Comment

Do you know if Ishibashi can send guitars over to the UK as I'm very interested in haveing a Jackson Star as my next axe? Also does anyone know about and Tax or other such charges I would have to pay when the item arrived in the country?

Comment

Welcome, QuantumRider! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They send to anywhere in the world I think, except for like Indonesia. I live in t3h US and I ordered a KV from them last week. They did not charge me on tax, but a pretty hefty tag for insurance (which they make you purchase I think), and shipping. My KV is probably worth like $1000 USD new, but they charged like $200 for the insurance and shipping. Oh, and you Alexi fans might get exicted when you see the new custom one they have on the Ikebe site, it's on the top right.

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.p...p;start_index=0

Comment

I am planning on going to the Ikebe in Akihabara today to check out the two SL-J2's that they have on clearance (first two guitars on the page)

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/shopping_20.p...&start_index=12

Picked up a used '87 Model 3A at Ishibashi in Yokohama for 20,000 yen ($175) yesterday, too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Racer X - Thanks for the welcome!

-QR

Comment

While you're there, blow a kiss to that trans red NASL-110 for me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Man, $500. I might hafta go for that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to stop by the Shibuya Ikebe as well... There's a flame maple top trans red SL-J1 there (below the SL-J2's on the same page that I posted before) for $1700.

Comment

Working...
                                X