Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where can i get a neckplate gold plated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can i get a neckplate gold plated?

thinking about a WRXT, but i cant stomach the chrome hardware on a jackson (only thing that looks good with chrome is a fender or gibson IMHO)
    would like to switch everything over to gold (cuz everything i have now is either black or satin chrome) so............ i would like to do this the "right" way and keep the original neckplate with serial number and get it gold plated, as this is the challenge i forsee

i also think black or satin chrome would be cool, but finding a satin chrome jackon floyd is a little tough and i dont know what i would do with the neckplate in either situation

i'm very anal and fussy about my stuff, so if it every piece of chrome cant be changed into another color of hardware, i wont do it [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Re: where can i get a neckplate gold plated?

I think budman could help you out

Comment

Klein Plating, 2020 Greengarden Road, Erie, PA, 16502
      (814) 452-3793

Never used them for guitar parts, but I've had other stuff plated there with good results. Real quick turnaround too

Comment

excellent guys!

thanx!!!

nice transparent blue warrior with gold hardware

one other thing.....i am assuming an Orginal Floyd Rose will fit?

Comment

Check with your local antique dealer that is bigger than a Mom-and-Pop store...I'm SURE that WHEREVER they get silverplate repaired on tea sets and such can do gold...OR...

BETTER STILL...Check with yer local Harley shop - I'm SURE that THEY use a plating service...I have a guy here in Denver that has worked in the plating shop for SOOOOO LONG, I think those caustic chemicals have turned his brain to MUSH {I take in whatever plating jobs accumulate over a few months, and throw him a bag of bud {it's CHEAPER than PAYIN' for it !!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] }

...The thing with plating - be it chrome, silver, gold, black, etc. - is that EVERYTHING has to be wired TOGETHER to conduct electricity for the plating to "jump over" to it {like negative ions in a SmokeEater}, so if they are RUNNING a batch ANYWAY, it takes NOTHING to wire yer stuff on the end, and toss it in the solution...

BE FOREWARNED that if you are plating ANY screws, bolts, nuts, etc. - that the THREADS HAFTA be TAPED OFF, because the plating will ADD MASS to the threads, and they will NO LONGER go together...

Comment

true never thought about that

i guess i could powedercoat it black if i go with black or silver if i go satin chrome

i think eastwood automotive sells that stuff

my 2 hobbys go together (cars N geetars)

thanx Doc!

Comment

Working...
            X