7 string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 7 string

Don't know what it is with the trems on those Samick-made Korean guitars--the trem on my Schecter V-7 (probably the same trem as on the ESP LTDs) doesn't stay in tune very well, either. I ended up blocking it from backward movement to fix the problem. The only problem with that is that you have to crank the springs quite a bit tighter to make sure it returns all the way, and that resulted in more string tension than I like. Oh well. I guess the money for that Jackson Custom Shop guitar I'm dreaming of can't come soon enough...

Comment

Well, I do know I sold my LTD H207 and am keeping my Jackson DR7 due to its tonal qualities. The LTD's build quality left a little to be desired too. I did like its carved top though [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I think it's a guitar-by-guitar issue - my H207 doesn't sound bad, and it sounds MUCH better than the import Jackson I had. (I suspect mine might have been a DX7, though.)

I've played a lot of DR7s - I was really torn about buying one, being a Jackson guy - but, ultimately, the LTS suits me better - it's more like my USA Jackson than the DR7 was, if that makes any sense.

The only way you can really know is to try. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Well thanks very much for the replies guys. I think i shall save up a bit longer and get an Ibanez RG1527.
          93 USA Soloist EDS
          USA HT6 Juggernaut
          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Good choice. I have a Jackson DR7 and an Ibanez RG1527, both stock. I really like the tone of the Jackson, but I prefer the thinner neck, extra frets, and the Edge Pro trem of the Ibanez.

Comment

Working...
            X