No announcement yet.

Rhodes Professional? - Need Help Fast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhodes Professional? - Need Help Fast!

I've got a line on a Rhodes and am not sure what it is or what it is worth so I am hoping you folks can help me out here. It's a charcoal metallic neck-through with what looks like a bound ebony board with shark fins, a Schaller\Floyd Licensed trem, and two humbuckers. It's got a black metal plate with three knobs and a three-way pickup switch and says Jackson "Professional" on the headstock. It looks like a winner to me but being new to Jacksons I am not all that sure. If you know what this is then please let me know. An approx value would be cool too. Thanks in advance.

Frank

[ April 14, 2004, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: frankencat ]

Re: Rhodes Professional? - Need Help Fast!

Sounds like an early 90s Professional (the good ones that were close to if not even to USA models of the same period). If the serial number starts with J0 or J1, it's a 1990 (J0) or 91 (J1).
    The Rhoads models seem to hold their value pretty well, but ultimately it's worth what you're willing to pay. That said, they usually go from $450-$700+ depending on condition.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry, I won't help you until you spell Randy's name right. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] That's a sore point with me. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Oops sorry...Rhoads [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat:
          Oops sorry...Rhodes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what you wrote the first time... and it's still wrong! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I demand that you contact the admins to have the thread title corrected! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

OK...one more chance PLEASE>.........RHOADS

Geez and I actually grew up listening to the guy. What shmuck I am [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

OK, here's some pics...

http://www.frankencat.com/pic/FrankS/RhoadsPro/

Comment

That's it huh? OK. Thanks Newc. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by frankencat:
                  OK...one more chance PLEASE>.........RHOADS
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NO! Delete this thread! I can't stand seeing your disrespect at the top of the Import forum.... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                    Sorry, I won't help you until you spell Randy's name right. [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img] That's a sore point with me. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">now call ME a meanie again dude... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

How about I call you a FUCKER for kicking this to the top! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Comment

Rhodes? Nick Rhodes? The guy in Duran Duran? He didn't have a Jackson model did he? I thought he was a keyboard player.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardOfOzz:
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are awesome! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X