Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you think these jacksons are worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you think these jacksons are worth?

I don't have any pics for my King V, but it's a import, has a thin neck, black floyd rose, and black tuners, and it says King V std on the truss rod cover.

The plate starts with 94. it's black.

It has various nicks, and dings. Both wing tips are chipped with wood exposed, and some of the wood is dented (just a little bit)

the tip of the head stock is chipped.

it's pretty much beat up. i couldn't really do a x out of 10 because i have no experience with rating.

the 2nd guitar is a Jackson Kelly with a Single locking floyd rose. it's pretty banged up too.

http://home.comcast.net/~djmihow/1.JPG
    http://home.comcast.net/~djmihow/2.JPG
    http://home.comcast.net/~djmihow/K8.JPG

i want to get rid of these so i can get a nice amp/ or a floydless jackson /charvel [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ April 15, 2004, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: MichaelMadeja ]

Re: How much do you think these jacksons are worth?

The King V's a bolt-on with dots, right? eBay is lousy with them, and with the damage, you'd be lucky to get $125 - $175 for it. Sorry.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Michael, if you are serious about selling them, you're going to have to produce MUCH better pictures. The first two links above don't even resemble musical instruments. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] And the third picture is of a guitar neck. I haven't seen a King V or a Kelly yet. Maybe you meant the pics to only show the damaged or flawed parts, but get something to represent the guitar.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

damn... oh well. Still going to sell them.

oh, ya, my camera died, and thats all i have left.

[ April 15, 2004, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: MichaelMadeja ]

Comment

I'll try to get better pictures of them.

I have 2 pawn shops in the area. Do you think I could sell one to each for about 120 per guitar just in general?

Comment

No way. Pawn shops will try to give you the least $ possible. If your King V is that bad, they may not even want it! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
            Get better pics and sell 'em here. What model is the Kelly, a PS6?

Comment

I have no idea what the kelly is. IT's black, the Pickups are black, no jackson logo. IT has a silver locking floyd rose [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] , silver tuners, and the neck is pretty thick.

i don't know, maybe i'll just keeps them. the more guitars the marrier? [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Dude, that was a lousy description. PS6T's were Performers, the lower line Kellys...they had bolt-on necks with rosewood fretboard and DOT inlays. Here's a pic:

To describe an unknown guitar, you must list inlay type, neck construction, note anything on the headstock, find "Made In..." stickers, etc etc.

Comment

OK, you said "silver" hardware, that might be a KX10D:

http://www.guitarshop.net/jacksonkx10dguitar.htm

Comment

ok, it has plastic dot inlays, 24 frets, the trussrod cover is blank.

another thing i noticed where there a big chip on one of the wings is.. that there is red, it looks like it used to be red, and now it's black?

i only think this because my king v has wood exposed and its all black.

is that a single locking floyd rose? i thought that would be a dead giver?

Comment

http://home.comcast.net/~djmihow/6.JPG

heres a pick of the body.

Comment

seems to be a PS6T

Comment

Working...
                        X