Finally got pics of my Phil Collen Pro from Ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got pics of my Phil Collen Pro from Ebay

Here it is - 1991 Snow White Pearl Phil Collen Archtop Professional [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Check that Archtop Action!

Check that ArchBACK Action! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

This thing balances perfectly thanks to the longer top horn and angled strap pin in the back - the Winger bass must have been designed alongside this guitar because they are nearly identical.

The neck reminds me VERY much of a 90/91 Warrior Pro (thickness, shape). In fact, I'd venture to say this was basically a lefty Warrior fretboard on a righty neck [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Disgustingly low action as well. Whoever set this up kicks ass. I gotta duplicate this setup on all my guitars, because it is totally effortless.
    No wonder Brooks hoardes these things.

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Finally got pics of my Phil Collen Pro from Ebay

damn dude you're getting all the cool ones. if you ever sell that one let me know. i've been hunting one of those for awhile.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

It ain't going nowhere [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I've been looking for one for a couple of years myself [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

So Matt, is it fairly flat where the trem spring cover mounts or did they have an arched cover to match the arch in the body?

Dave->
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

It's flat from the trem cavity to the end, but arched from the neck heel to the trem cavity.

Newc

Comment

ahhh, I see..... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

If you lighten the pic a bit, you can see that the horns actually arch behind the rest of the body, so it's also curved slightly as well as arched (arched from horn to horn, curved from trem to neck) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

This puts the neck in front of the horns a bit - like folding the body wings backwards.

Newc

Comment

Yeah, I definitely like it. I have to admit when I first saw that body style, I wasn't "diggin" it very much, but as the years have gone by, I'm liking them more and more.

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

Same here - I thought it was kinda malformed because of the lower horn (nub) and the elongated top horn (looked too much like another brand's Jazz-player's model - can't remember the name offhand). Anyhoo, to me it was NOT a "suitable" Jackson design. But then I saw one in the 1990/91 catalog last year and was like [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

[img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I think they are one of the coolest looking guitars ever made. Now how do I break it to my Daughter I'm going to spend her collage money for one.
                      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Originally posted by Budman:
                        So Matt, is it fairly flat where the trem spring cover mounts or did they have an arched cover to match the arch in the body?
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                        Originally posted by Newc:
                        It's flat from the trem cavity to the end, but arched from the neck heel to the trem cavity.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well then, if that's the case, I would send it back. I wouldn't stand for just a partial flat back on a guitar. Just kidding. Congrats, nice guitar. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

That is a cool guitar. Congrats on your find. Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by flyingjordy:
                            That is a cool guitar. Congrats on your find. Enjoy it.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, I'll be sure to do that [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc

Comment

Do you mind posting the link to the auction on ebay? I totally missed this one! I lost the auction for the black pearl one two weeks ago.
                              Congrats on a cool find and an awesome guitar!

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X