Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered a KE3

Hey everyone!

I just ordered a KE3! I'm super-excited, can't wait for it to get here. Got it for $455 from music123, it's the Eerie Dess Swirl finish. Also ordered/got a few effects pedals, an Agile AL2000 Silverburst, and a Peavey Classic 30 tube amp, but I'll talk about those in another thread. Best Christmas ever...

So who else has a KE3? Come on in and tell me about it! I wanna know from my fellow JCF'ers how they sound, play, etc.,. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: Ordered a KE3

i don't own one, but what i will say is i hope you got a decent case for it. eds is a nice finish. i'm dubious as to whether the neck will drop or not. you'll have to let me know when you get it as none of my local retailers stock jackson let alone a kelly.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Ive got one. I think its a really nice guitar for the money. Im not thrilled with the way it hangs on a strap while playing but I got over it. Congrats on the guitar. I REALLY like the dess swirl on ke's

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, post pics when you get it! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, to slightly change the way a Kelly hangs on the strap you can put the strap over the front of the body.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Ill give that a try- thanks

Comment

i have one. its not bad. doesnt balance for shit. but its solid and definately metal

Comment

I have owned several ke-3's and all were just amazing for the price. that eerie dess swirl is just damn nice btw! I always thought the balance was good and unlike many stories I've heard and read so far, I never had any problems with the floyd-type bridge... actually, if I wasn't making such a big deal of getting non-floyded guitars now... I'd find myself buying yet another ke-3 to accompany my ke-7!

Comment

ive had my KE3R for about a year now and its a pretty cool guitar for the money.....i swapped the pickups out of mine.....if you do the same to yours make sure and not get a duncan invader bridge pickup, it sounds horrible in a guitar with alot of wood in the body like a kelly

as far as the balance thing....it nosedives a bit, but if you use a nice leather strap that grips your shoulder it takes the problem away

ohh yeah and the R at the end of the model on mine just means reverse headstock/inlays so its basically the same guitar......good choice on the finish too dude [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

did jackson ever make a string thru import kelly? i think i'd rather have a string thru bridge on a kelly than any trem

Comment

There's the JS30KE. It's a string thru.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

ah those cheap ass indian ones?

Comment

Yeah, but I actually dig the look of them. I was thinking of picking one up and dropping a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and maybe a Jazz in the neck, but I have yet to actually play one to see how they feel.
                          THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            make sure and not get a duncan invader bridge pickup, it sounds horrible in a guitar with alot of wood in the body like a kelly

[/ QUOTE ]No, it doesn't. I had a Kelly and put two Invaders in it. Invaders love being in poplar, alder, swamp ash or maple bodies. The low mids and bass were very nice and never got muddy, IMO. You just gotta know how to eq your amp correctly. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, it arrived finally today (Though on the FedEx site, it said it was delivered yesterday, and I still haven't gotten the pedals that were part of the same order...) and it wasn't a pretty sight. Headstock broken off at the high E tuner, bottom right corner impacted/crushed. So obviously I'll be returning it. A sad, sad day.

Comment

Working...
                              X