Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Probably an impossible to ID Jackson....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably an impossible to ID Jackson....

Hey everyone. I have 2 pictures of a Jackson I would like you guys to ID. The reason why it might be impossible is because of the pictures, which are not too clear and are actally taken from a video.

Anyway, give it your best shot. All I know about the guitar is that it was most likely an MIJ, with Jackson H/S/S pickups, and had a supposedly a thinner neck then a DK2 or the Soloists of today.

Here are the pics:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Re: Probably an impossible to ID Jackson....

"Sorry, the page you requested was not found."

and

"This page is not available."

Thanks, man. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Geoshitties [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

You can right-click and Save As on the second one, but the first one errors out.

Who's the kid?

Anyhoo, if that's a mini-toggle between the knobs, it's a Fusion. Otherwise, it looks like a mid-90's Dinky.

Newc
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Sorry about the pics guys, try these:

Pic 1
        Pic 2

Thanks for replying Newc. That does look like a toggle to me, but if this is, what for [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ? Isn't there a 5-way selector too on there? Finally, what Dinky is it? I would say a DK2, but I don't know when that came into production. Not to mention, its neck is thicker, according to the player, as he owns a DKMG and claims that the neck on that is thicker than the one in the pictures. I think DKMG has the same neck as the DK2. Anyway, I hope more of you can see the pics now. Thanks again!

Comment

24 frets, sharkies, bound neck, scalloped horn, mini-toggle, H-S-S & 5-way - it could be a US Fusion.

The 5-way operates as per normal. The mini-toggle engages the on-board preamp (I think)
          Hail yesterday

Comment

The Fusion was the only production model to have the mini-toggle for the mid-sweep between the knobs. Soloists and Dinkies that had the Gain boost either had a knob or a switch behind the other knobs to activate it. If it's a Fusion, the neck seems thinner because it is more narrow (1 5/8" nut), which gives the illusion of being thin.

Ask the guy to measure the scale length - if it's 24 3/4", and if that's really a mini-toggle behind the volume knob, it's a Fusion. Anything else and it should be a Dinky.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for your input guys. I don't if that is a toggle or not, but the nut cannot be measured for certain. The guitar was burnt in a studio accident. The reason why I wanted to know about this guitar was because I though it was Dinky, and thus it would have the same neck as the DK2, wouldn't it? However, the guy claims to be thinner to maybe much thinner.

Also, if this was a USA guitar, why would it have the Jackson pickups? I thought the USA models had high level pickups like EMGs and Seymour Duncan. Isn't that right? Once again, thanks a lot!

Comment

A lot of the USA Jacksons of that era had Jackson pickups.I think the Jackson pickups are as good or better than the big three.JMO.My 87 Jackson strat had a J-90c
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Well, that's news to me Richard. Thanks! I think Jackson pickups were as good as any back then, as I admire the sound of this guitar as well. So guys, any other hunches about this guitar? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X