Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Replacement Pickup for SLSMG

Originally posted by jacksonpc1:
    I think the HZ's got a bad name because people compared them to the old select series & they are not even close to the HZ line.In my opinion away..... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hz's are made in the states in the same factory as the emg 81's or any other good pick up they make , if you think they are shit it's all in your head , just like people think a 3000 gibson is worth that personally I think gibsons compared to my imports are worth 200 bucks to me cause there workmanship is no where as good as the workmanship from the jackson shop in Japan ! the hz's [h3's and h4's] are every bit as good as the emg 81's blah blah blah but if you don't think so the more for me . kinda like buying a shirt that is a certian brand ... like tommy hillfucker and thinking that the same shirt isn't as good cause it's no name and you bought it a target or something thats just dumb . long story short if it sounds good play it dudes who cares where it is made tone is the most important for any guitarist and cost cause half of us are broke lol //Steve

Comment

Originally posted by kremit:
      I have the 81/85 in mine and am just trying to find a damn replacement 3-way short enough so I can play it [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What's wrong with the original 3-way switch in the guitar?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

OK, I installed the Duncans last night (59 neck abd Custom 5 bridge) and let me tell you, this guitar RULES!!!! It looks killer with the zebra coils and sounds amazing. This is now the ultimate rock/hard rock axe. I wired it up with a 5-way switch to get the following combos

1. Neck tapped.
        2. Neck and Bridge tapped (hum cancelling).
        3. Neck humbucker.
        4. Neck and Bridge humbucker.
        5. Bridge humbucker.

I used the switch that I took out of my DK-2 which is the short enough to work in the SLSMG. I had a push-pull tone pot in there before but it took two moves to go from neck or neck-bridge tapped to bridge humbucker which is a move I do alot. I like this setup much better. Highly recommended.

I love this guitar [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Rock on!!

Comment

Working...
        X