Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Dinky Std Professional help required

Hello,

It's been a while since I visited this place...
    good to be back...

My guitar serial number's 930334 and I know it's Japanese, It's a dark blue colored including the Headstock and it has a pickguard, a mirror kind color,
    Can't remember the word for it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I ain't no native speaker so mind that...

Somebody told me that my guitar might be a Basewood made guitar? is it possible? or is it Alder? Poplar?

A problem that I discovered relates to when I use the Tremolo a lot, I hear a knack kind of noise coming from where the neck connects to the body, what's that all about?

My third question regards the Pickup selection.

I have currently installed EMG's on it; it's a S\S\H configured: SA\SA\85.

I'm not satisfied with the sound, preiod.
    Especially the Humbucker, I remember it sounding much brighter than it is now and I'm completely sure it has to do something with the Pickups.
    It's most present in Clean situation where I like to play the middle pickup and humbucker position a lot, 4th position on the 5 switch.

I don't want a really heavey metal sound though it could be nice, but I would prefer a hard rock with a fat Neck pickup and something that really resonates in the Bridge position.

I like the Wah feel the humbucker gives in heavy distortion but I just remember How it sounded with the stock Pickups, it was bright, crystal which was cool for Clean but it was muddy all the way on distortion situation.

Btw, you can see my rig below in my signature.

all my tests were made using the Amp only without any effects and based on testing other guitars on the same amp and testing my guitar on other Amps.

Thanx in advance!

BetaCAM.

Re: Jackson Dinky Std Professional help required

For the pickup, have you tried adjusting its height and see what you end up with? If you feel it has too much output for instance, you can back it down a bit to get a slightly "bluesier" vibe out of it. Just a thought.

Comment

Hi again,

yes and yes.
      I tried pretty much everything with adjusting the pickups...

It always sounds Clean but not open.
      Very big lack of presence.

Comment

Originally posted by BetaCAM:
        I have currently installed EMG's on it; it's a S\S\H configured: SA\SA\85.

I'm not satisfied with the sound, preiod.
        Especially the Humbucker, I remember it sounding much brighter than it is now and I'm completely sure it has to do something with the Pickups.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When was the last time you changed the battery for the pickups?

Steve E

Comment

Awww man, you changed the pickups in a Dinky STD??? Part of the beauty of that model is the matching headstock, inlays, pickups and body. (fyi - the pickguard is clear)
          Occupy JCF

Comment

The 85 does have a darker sound. If you're willing to go with regular pickups and not EMGs, I'd suggest the Pearly Gates for the bridge and a Lil59 for the neck, and maybe a standard Fender single coil for the middle.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
            X