new jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new jackson

hi i am a newbie to the site. anyway friday i went to guitar center, and found a jackson dx10dfs with a awesome orange flametop. it had a chip on the lower horn from some careless idiot, so i got the guitar for $330.00. my question is it has two duncan designed humbuckers, a 3 way stat style selector, and a minnie togle, that i assumed was a coil splitter but found out it isnt. these options are not what is listed on the jackson site. i think the pickups are active, it has a battery in the back compartment, but not sure about anything else. any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. o'yeah i also own a older ps-4 that i love. thanks

Re: new jackson

What brand of battery are you using?

Comment

the battery is a maxwell super power ace black, is there a difference?

Comment

I think the guitar is a Dk2fs

the toogle would be the seymour duncan firestorm mid/gain boost. Change the battery or look if the circuity is ok. It should boosts your sound for lead parts.

Comment

DX10DFS

Click on view specs next to the firestorm model. The firestorm is Duncan's boost circuit similar to the EMG pa-2 that comes with the MG's. You might be able to find more info on it on Duncans website.

Comment

yep you guys are right, i guess im not that bright, cause i thought the fs, was pertaining to the paint job, if you seen it you might understand a little better. but was this a good deal, and is this a decent set-up? that toggle switch sure adds the juice, but dont try to tune with a electronic tuner with it on.

Comment

Working...
            X