Original Floyd in Rx10D?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Floyd in Rx10D?

I really love the Rx10D's (Single volume, unfinished neck) and am gonna order another one soon.
    I will however (Like my current one) Be putting EMGs in it.

But this time i wanna put an original floyd rose in it. Will this fit with no body routing? Can someone please tell me. Thanks.

Re: Original Floyd in Rx10D?

The OFR will fit in the route of the JT580LP with very little to no routing. The post spacing is the same, so no problems there.

The only issue is the cosmetic one, the baseplate of the JT580 LP is a bit angled, so there will be a small gap behind the trem.

Comment

Cosmetics dont matter an ass to me bro, i'm gutting the guitar and painting the bevels red, OFR etc etc.

That or i might just OFR my existing rhoads and buy a DKMG...Hmm

Comment

What model is your Rhoads? Keep in mind the RX10D is a lower line Jackson. Depending on your connection to it, it may make more sense to mod a higher-line Jackson, IMO.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I agree w/ RacerX. While I love my RX10D, I wouldn't consider modding it. Maybe a RR3....But I personally am saving up for the RR1T. But hey, it's your guitar, go for it if that's what you want.

Comment

I love Rx10Ds over any other jackson Rhoads.

I hate pickguards
            I hate tone controls
            I hate painted necks.

The Rx10D has the exact setup i require.

I dont care for ebony boards/binding/neck thru (my hands are big enoughj not to be hindered) and so i dont see the point in me spending £1500 on a USA made guitar when i get everything i need from a £400 import.
            Hell who complains about Yngwie/Satch/Vai playing bolt on guitars with unbound rosewood boards? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Maybe further down the line i can get my neckthru custom 24fretter but in the mean time i am more than happy with my Rx.

Comment

why dont you just put an OFR in your other rhoads?

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther:
                The Rx10D has the exact setup i require.

I dont care for ebony boards/binding/neck thru (my hands are big enoughj not to be hindered) and so i dont see the point in me spending £1500 on a USA made guitar when i get everything i need from a £400 import.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Cool, that's what I thought - that's why I said "depending on your connection to it" [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by PallarAndersVisa:
                  why dont you just put an OFR in your other rhoads?
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">WHaddya mean?

Comment

i would do it. if you are happy with that guitar, than do it!
                    like racerX said: "depending on your connection to it"

Comment

Yeah, i love the guitar like it was my flesh and blood, its just if the OFR would fit or not?

Comment

the answer has been given yet. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Thoraby:
                        The OFR will fit in the route of the JT580LP with very little to no routing. The post spacing is the same, so no problems there.

The only issue is the cosmetic one, the baseplate of the JT580 LP is a bit angled, so there will be a small gap behind the trem.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Comment

I also like the RX10. Another great underrated Rhoads is the Charvel Avenger. I have one of each and they both rock.

Comment

Charvel Avengers? Do they still make those?

I've always been interested in one. Where could ii get one?

Comment

Hey don't get me wrong...I love my RX10D also. It's all I play right now. I've never had the chance to play a RR3, 5 or 1...I have just wanted one because everyone said they are "better". I may play one, and decide my RX10D is the best for me too....I do love the single volume, I have no use for a tone knob. Let me know how it works out...I may need advice in the future LOL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X