Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG opinions on this model?

I can get a used GMG dxmg for $375?
    i was thinking IF i buy it i would put on a OFR and some duncans.
    I really want to know in it's stock form is it a real good import? better than the newest ibanez RG 2570's stock?

Re: DXMG opinions on this model?

is this a typo on kevins site? it says the DXMG has a basswood body? i thought it was alder?
    http://www.eastonguitars.com/WWW/PGS/JKSN/DXMGBLK.html

Comment

I thought it was definately Alder could be a typo,a dn Yeah it's a really good stock guitar as is the trem and pickups could be improved, but hey hey.

Not sure about the Ibanez, as I havent played That but the DXMG would look better with white binding and a normal headstock.

Cheers, Owain

Comment

I have one and mine is an alder body. A great guitar stock also. I would say the DXMG is a intermediate to pro guitar easily. I have A DK2 and a SL3 and The DXMG neck is the slickest of the three I own. Definately change the pickups and also the pots were all very cheap in all three of my guitars so change those also.
        The Emg Hz's arent bad but lacking in mids and highs IMO.

Ric

Comment

This is just for me.

DXMG vs. Ibanez is like the most valuable Mercedes against Yugo.

Sure, USA Jacksons are well built, but my DXMG can be compared to some top USA models w/ no problem.
          Sure, no ebony and other cosmetics, but this thing is worth more that the price on it says.
          If you have a chance of replacing pickups, do it fast.

Neck feels like heaven to me and I can play 3/4 of my riffs faster than on any other non-Jackson guitar.
          This is the top MIJ model IMHO!
          Only the factory settings very a bit missed, but stealing app. one hour of your freetime wouldn't be a problem to tune it well, set the neck bow, set the intonation and other things.

This sure is the best import model IMO.

And, believe me, this reversed headstock looks nasty in reality and it's a magnet for chicks.
          Which chick could every want a soft and sagged boner? It sure has to stand straight versus the sky. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a jackson dxmg and an Ibanez rg1570. The rg I haved is basically the same as the 2570 except for the mirror shark inlays and other minor cosmetic stuff. There's both good and bad thing about these guitars.
            What I like about the jackson:
            warmer sound stock than the rg, floyd stays in tune very well, had a good factory set up, feels like a good solid guitar. No dislikes!
            What I like about the rg1570:
            It has the wizard prestige neck which is very smooth and thin, and versatility.
            Ok what I didn't like about the rg:
            it had horrible factory set up, the action was too high I had to mess around with the edge pro thing and truss rod to keep the string from buzzing when I lowered the action. Pickups get in the way of picking, bright sound, and the thing won't stay in tune after some trem wankage. I may have gotten a bad rg or maybe they're all like that.
            BTW, I think $375 maybe a bit for a used dxmg, I got mine new from dcgl for a little bit more. But, if you've seen the guitar and it's in good condition go for it. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            P.S. I forgot to mention that the ibanez has an all-access neck joint wich feels nice when playing on the upper frets.

[ May 24, 2004, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: zeus ]

Comment

Search function works. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They are great guitars, however I think #375 is a little high given that just last year they were selling for about $350 new (Musicians Friend & other online stores). I happen to like the HZs, however they will get replaced eventually with 81/89 or 85/89 setup.
                KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX:
                  Search function works. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yeah it sure does! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  but if you read my post you will see i am trying to get a comparison to this!

[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I've got GMG DXMG and I really like it. The pots are crap, and my trem is giving me a hard time... I changed the volume pot the other day and I'm considering changing the trem for an OFR.
                    I actually like the pups (wait 'til 2loud2old sees this post [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) !!

I got mine brand new for about what you're paying for it used... but I still think it's quite a reasonable price used, at least here in Sweden it is!

Anders
                    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Damm Right! DXMG Rocks!

So do those EMG-HZ [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Seriously, I don't know what that Ibanez plays like, it sure looks pretty tho.

I've been a LOUD supporter of the DXMG and HZ Combo.

I will concede that the pots are cheap crap.

(They are exactly the same as the ones in the DX10 and RX10)

I'm thinking thats a leftover from the poor quality early ones that WERE made in India

All my comments are based on the MIJ models.

Others disagree on the EMG-HZ, but I think all those that own this evil step-child of the DK-1 will agree ( I hope), with my opinion that it is the FINEST playing Import that Jackson currently offers. ( At least in the top 2)

I personaly think it has the best neck, better than the others I've played, including the DK-2

I think Black Mariah has a hard-on for the JS30.
                      He might correct me on the above statement. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I've got my DK-1, played a few USA Soloists over the years, 2 Model 6's.. bla, bla...

I've also owned the DK-2, DX10D.. yadda..yadda..

I've since sold my DX10D, I've sold my DK-2.. I'm selling my DK-1

But I will NEVER, EVER sell my DXMG.

The only thing I enjoy playing more is my new 1990 Soloist Pro.

So take that long winded post for an answer.

[ May 27, 2004, 02:33 AM: Message edited by: 2Loud2Old ]

Comment

Oh, a reverse headstock is the guitar equivalent of saying "Fuck You"

Tune down to "B", Dime ALL the Knobs....

...and stab em with it when they complain! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X