Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone help me identify a Jackson Pro Firebird that I just won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help me identify a Jackson Pro Firebird that I just won?

I once had a 1976 Gibson Firebird (ala Def Leppard's Steve Clark) and I loved that massive chunky neck.

I know that Pro's are made in Japan but other than that I know nothing else about these babies. What are the pickups in them and when were these Firebirds made?

Thanks!

[ May 27, 2004, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: ninja1195 ]

Re: Can anyone help me identify a Jackson Pro Firebird that I just won?

Here is the link!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&ed=1085696727

Comment

I was also thinking of relocating the jack to the side of the guitar and converting the old hole into a master tone pot. I feel that a jack mounted on the face of the guitar is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I am having the guitar sent out to be resprayed as soon as it arrives (something a little darker than Fender's Lake Placid Blue I think) so this mod will be performed before the paint work making it look pretty much stock as the new paint will even show in the new jack cavity.

Is this a good or bad idea?

Comment

Wow! Kent Armstrong pickups! What do they sound like and can they be compared to any well known brands like a Duncan JB or the like?

Given that these guitars were made for only one year would any mods kill the resale or will these never really fetch anything more than a few hundred dollars?

Comment

I've never played Kent Armstrongs. I'm a Duncan man myself.

As far as it being collectable, I'd have to say they very much are. Especially now that Jackson isn't doing that body shape anymore. Modifying it may take value down, but probably not by much if the job is done well.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool. I was watching that too but forgot about it. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by ninja1195:
              I was also thinking of relocating the jack to the side of the guitar and converting the old hole into a master tone pot. I feel that a jack mounted on the face of the guitar is just a disaster waiting to happen.

I am having the guitar sent out to be resprayed as soon as it arrives (something a little darker than Fender's Lake Placid Blue I think) so this mod will be performed before the paint work making it look pretty much stock as the new paint will even show in the new jack cavity.

Is this a good or bad idea?
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sounds like a cool idea, and that's exactly what I would do! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] I also hate the input jacks on the face of the body... unless it's a Strat-type jack, then it's not bad, but the side of the body is always better.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jackson FB2T

Intro: 1997
                Disc: 1997

Made in Japan

Pickups[*]Bridge: Kent Armstrong humbucker[*]Neck: Kent Armstrong humbucker

Electronics:[*]Volume[*]3-way toggle switch

Hardware:[*]Bridge: JT390 Tunamatic w/ Stop tailpiece[*]Tuners: Jackson badged Gotoh Die cast tuners

Woods[*]Body: Poplar[*]Neck: Maple[*]Fretboard: Rosewood
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I probably will do that mod after all as it is going in for a respray after all. And as some of you have mentioned, as long as it's well done it should not change much.

There is no way that I can live with a face mounted jack like that especially live and I will not alter any of my two pricey wireless transmitters with a right angle jack as well.

Besides I have been looking at a lot of Jackson Firebirds as of late and most (if not all) have a side mounted jack.

Going back to the color, as previously mentioned I was looking into something a little darker than Lake Placid Blue but I am still not sure. Any other suggestions out there perhaps?

As for those Kent Armstrong pickups, would they have some different stamp underneath? From what I see from the ebay photo's mine are stamped with the Jackson logo on the front.

[ May 29, 2004, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: ninja1195 ]

Comment

Working...
                  X