OH yeah! I got the DXMG and here is a review and one question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OH yeah! I got the DXMG and here is a review and one question

This is a great axe for the money! it almost makes me think i am playing a USA made jackson!
    I talked the guy down to $300 with jackson case and the only thing i will do is replace the EMG hz's.
    it is not that they are bad, in fact they are very good made in the usa pups but a little too trebley for me and i prefer duncans or dimarzio's.
    i am in no hurry to replace the JT580 either [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
    it is not all that bad,i will put a OFR eventually but not as fast as i had thought i would have to [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

maybe someone can help with this?
    the guy i bought the DXMG from will sell me 2 like new dimarzio's for $50 [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
    one is a super II that will go in the neck and the other is the tone zone for the bridge.
    my problem is the tone zone is not F spaced!
    is that a real big deal on a floyd with it lining up good enough?

Re: OH yeah! I got the DXMG and here is a review and one question

wow! 300 w/case. pics man! thats a great deal!

hmmm, the F-spacing thing doesnt bother me. I have a non F-spaced jackson pickup in my Charvel w/floyd and I can never tell the difference. The only ones that dont seem to line up are the high E and B strings. no biggie. Tone Zone is so hot that the magnetic field will grab the string anyway.

The only real reason why I would want it to line up is for cosmetic reasons

Comment

I have a DK2 with a non F-Spaced Seymour Duncan Distortion bucker. I have an NJ Warlock from back when they were made of alder and I put an F-Spaced Distortion in it. I noticed a difference in tone. I prefer NON F-Spaced humbuckers. I don't know what the big difference is, but my DK2 sounded better. There is someone else that brought that up here on the board last year sometime.

As far as the DXMG goes.............killer deal and in my opinion just as good as a USA IMHO. My DK2 has got to be the best Jackson I have ever had and is the best sounding guitar I have ever had. After I get my LE I am buying a DXMG in gun metal grey. I have played several of them since they came out and all of them have been consistantly great playing axes. I'm hooked on Jackson guitars for sure. Nothing else gives you so much for such a low price. I'm not a pro, but if I were I wouldn't turn my nose up to any of the DX, DK series axes.

Comment

Originally posted by randyvanmalmsteen:
        maybe someone can help with this?
        the guy i bought the DXMG from will sell me 2 like new dimarzio's for $50 [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
        one is a super II that will go in the neck and the other is the tone zone for the bridge.
        my problem is the tone zone is not F spaced!
        is that a real big deal on a floyd with it lining up good enough?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Go to DiMarzio's website and click on "FAQs". The first topic is "F-spacing, standard spacing". It should give you some useful info on the f-spacing question.

I've always wondered exactly how an F-spaced and standard-spaced version of the same model pickup could sound EXACTLY the same. The spacing on the polepieces is different and if you put the same number of TURNS of wire on the different sizes of bobbins, you'd end up with a different LENGTH of wire on each pickup. I would think those items would alter the tone between a standard- and an F-spaced pickup. But then again, I'm not Seymour Duncan or Steve Blucher. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

MG series guitars kick ass, rock on brotha..

cheers

Comment

DXMG [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Pics??? Congrats on the deal [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] . I'd really like to see some pics though, as I'm sure the rest of us would.

Comment

Working...
              X