Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson dealers in UK?

Hi,

n00b to these forums, just ordered my first Jackson but have been playing guitar for ~15 years. The guitarist from my old band (that was the last straw!) knocked over my beloved Ibanez at practise, fractured the neck so it was new guitar time (well, could have gotten it fixed but it was a handy excuse to buy a new guitar).

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

So, I had to look out for a new guitar - decided to stay away from getting another RG. As much as I loved the neck and playability the whole Ibanez thing is getting a little passé now and I could feel the draw of the black reverse headstock Jacksons that were the mutt's nuts back in the 90's. In the end I have gone for a DXMG, should be arriving tomorrow - thing is, there was only one shop in the uK that I could find had one in stock.. everyone else kept mentioning problems with the Fender distribution warehouse in Holland and were citing 6-8 weeks wait!

For future reference (and the fact that my brother really wants to find a KE3 in the UK), does anyone know of any decent Jackson stockists in the UK? I ordered mine from Merchant Music Ltd in Glasgow, tried to order one from GuitarTek in Worthing but they pissed me around big time [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Re: Jackson dealers in UK?

www.gak.co.uk has some import and a few USA jacksons.

Also if you're in scotland

www.guitarstrings.co.uk has the DXMG (i think)

Comment

Ahhh, you ordered yours from merchant city.

I just gave you www.guitarstrings.co.uk (Same store).

So you're scottish huh. Nice to see that, to.

I got my BC rich NJ Warlock from there (in '01), great people.

Sorry about your Ibanez bro

Comment

Cheers for the reply - yep, ordered mine from www.guitarstrings.co.uk aka Merchant City (or is it Merchant Music.. I forget!). As it happens, I live about 40 miles from the south coast of England, so I'm almost as far away from Scotland as could be [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Decent shop though, they said it would be sent next working day delivery so I'm hoping it gets delivered to my office tomorrow daytime.. no more work for the rest of the day for me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

GAK said it would take 6-8 weeks to get a DXMG in, even though they have them on their website.. that's pretty much the case with most of the online shops, the Jacksons show up on the website but when you phone them they tell you it'll take weeks to get one in [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Luckily mine should be here tomorrow, but I don't hold out much hope of my brother getting hold of a KE3 very easily [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

My Ibanez is knackered, the neck is wobbly across the split. I have searched high and low for a replacement neck, but I can't find anywhere that sells them [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I actually went into the shop for my BCR.

The shop are REALLY good at mailorder cause my friend ordered a guitar via the web from them and it came the next day.

Gak, i REALLY dont like (They were gonna charge me £20 for shipping 6 packs of strings) but i never knew they had a delay on JAcksons.

I know someone who lives just up the road from it, i could ask tos ee if they have Jacksons in stock.

But anyway, i hope your DK comes alright and remember, post pics.

Comment

Originally posted by riddlermarc:
            reverse headstock Jacksons that were the mutt's nuts back in the 90's.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

mutt's nuts, is that the same as "dog's bollocks"? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

So, that means "good", right? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah it does. lol

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by riddlermarc:
                everyone else kept mentioning problems with the Fender distribution warehouse in Holland and were citing 6-8 weeks wait!
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">try 7 months... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Svart:
                  </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by riddlermarc:
                  everyone else kept mentioning problems with the Fender distribution warehouse in Holland and were citing 6-8 weeks wait!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">try 7 months... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ouch, they told me 6-8 weeks and that was getting it shipped in from Holland to the UK - can't you get one shipped from another country?

Comment

the story is that all european distro is centralised in Düsseldorf and shipped from there... and IMO they don't know what's happening. they failed to deliver the same guitar twice so far... only reason that they missed the deliverydate ('may') is that the guitar is still in the DHL depot and will be delivered this week.

european distro can be compared to an Ibeenhad IMO, it's there but sheer crap... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] (yeah 7 months of waiting in vain for yer paid for (my own fault I guess) toy does this to ya [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] )

Comment

Just to let you know that I have one in stock which was delivered early last week. It had been on order for 6 weeks though.

Comment

Luckily mine should be here tomorrow, but I don't hold out much hope of my brother getting hold of a KE3 very easily
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By the way, I also have a Trans Blue KE3 in stock as well. You can contact me at the following e-mail address... [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONWOLF:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Luckily mine should be here tomorrow, but I don't hold out much hope of my brother getting hold of a KE3 very easily
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By the way, I also have a Trans Blue KE3 in stock as well. You can contact me at the following e-mail address... [email protected] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hmm, that's the colour my brother wanted.. I'll pass on the info, after he heard and played my DXMG he is pretty dead set on getting a Jackson [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Child Of Norther:
                            ..post pics.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

.. not the best pcs in the world!

I have lowered the action since the pictures, it is now real low and plays like an absolute dream - way nicer than my Ibanez ever did!

Comment

Man that rocks now I want one real bad, aswell as a RR-3 and RG 1550!

Must save money!! damm the binding looks kick ass.

Cheers, Owain

Comment

Working...
                              X