Neckheavy KE3 Kelly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Neckheavy KE3 Kelly...

I think sitring with it works ok, but I allways stand up when I play, so it would not be a problem. And if I want to sit I have my Stratocaster who is a very nice guitar.

Comment

I have tried many different locations for the strap buttons. Some were better than stock, some were worse. The problem is that in addition to being neck heavy, the top of the body leans away from you. I found this more annoying than neck diving most of the time. Newc's modification (posted by Sunbane) did fix all of the balance issues and it also fixed the leaning issues. The problem was that it limits access to the upper frets and I just couldn't get used to it. After five different locations for the strap buttons, I found the best compromise for me. Just bring the strap over the front of the body. It eliminates all leaning and almost all of the neck diving. The added bonus is that you don't have to drill any holes. Hope this helps. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The simplest solutions are almost always the best. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Overlord:
          The problem is that in addition to being neck heavy, the top of the body leans away from you.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When they moved the rear strap pin from the middle and up a bit, that was fixed.

Mine's like that and it doesn't lean away at all.

Comment

i foudn that with my kelly a wide leather Levy's strap helps alot. i suggest the one with the suede bottom...hope my advice helps

Comment

I bought a ke3 neck from Easton guitars for my 24 fret rhoads project, and it's super light!! Really flat and plays awesome. at least on a modded to hell rhoads body [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I'm working on another Kelly project right now and I've done some body and neck mods to fix these problems.Shaved the neck a little,removed the neckplate just 4 neck screws like the 90s kellys.Shaved the body bevels and made the body a little smaller over all(smaller bevels too)This is an import KX10 body so don't get upset at the mods.It was chipped and dinged up pretty bad but I couldn't toss it out.Relocated rear strap button higher up on the body like the USA models and move the front strap button to the top front neck screw.BTW gunmetal grey metallic with matching headstock 90s 24 fret dinky XL neck MOP sharks bound neck and headstock.Black hardware JT-580 lp trem.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

as i described above
                  it won´t lean if you play it quite low
                  look at this: http://www.strangedaysofchaos.de/html/photos.htm#
                  greetz

Comment

Working...
                  X