No announcement yet.

I checked out a DKMG dinky yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I checked out a DKMG dinky yesterday...

I was in the shop to kill time, so I grabbed one of the newer Jacksons off of the rack to try. It was amazing! 2x EMG HZs(not so great, but they're decent), double-locking floyd style (I believe it was Jacksons version?), 24 frets, rosewood board w/ sharktooth inlays, reverse headstock. Definitely the best new guitar I've played in a LONG time.. the quality of Jacksons imports seems to have come up in recent years, as I have played a few new Jacksons over the years and they werent anything special..

Re: I checked out a DKMG dinky yesterday...

Sharkfins?

Dxmg then [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] still a nice guitar [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, comparing new Import to, let's say, Perfomer series, they're much better.

I don't know what's about them, but they sure are amazing. I've tried some JS30, and that is also not a bad guitar.

Comment

Okay, okay, that was just my opinion, all right? [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

I wish the JS30RR would have a floyd optional.
          this would have been an awesome guitar...

but I don't wanna hear anything bad about performers!! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
          I got one second hand for quite cheap and I love it!! the action is simply awesome, it stays in tune, and with the EMGs in it it sounds great too.
          I've been playing that thing for three years now, and can't say anything bad about it.
          tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

It must've been a DXMG since i own a DKMG and it has Piranha inlays. I love the HZ's...at least until I can afford 81's.

Comment

I am slowly starting to believe that the HZ's can't be separated from this guitar (DXMG). It tells me that if I want other PU's I have no option but to buy another guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Where do they tell you that. Thats bullshit. You can switch any pickups in any guitar...

Comment

I think he means to say that his HZs perfectly suit his DXMG so well that he can't possibly imagine other pickups in it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I think he means to say that his HZs perfectly suit his DXMG so well that he can't possibly imagine other pickups in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, then I suck at sublimal messages [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, that's what I meant NOTP...

Comment

But its strange I tought the Hz were only good when I activated the turbocharge. The pickups where a lot more respondive to any mouvement

Comment

I don't know that since I don't have a turbocharger, but I find 'em hot enough to my likings.

Comment

actually after removing EMG-HZ's u sometime require re-routing of the connections...especially when changing to active pickups...perhaps that's wut he meant?

Comment

I think that sounds like a DXMG due to the Sharkfins, was it a flat top that would also mean it's definately a DXMG.

Especially the Sharkfins, did it have binding?

I see it had the reverse headstock it must have been a DXMG.

Cheers, Owain

Comment

Working...
                              X