What's my Doug Aldrich Model worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my Doug Aldrich Model worth?

I've got a Grover Jackson Doug Aldrich prototype guitar. I've been wanting to sell it, but I need to know its value so I don't get ripped off. Does anyone know how I can find out what it's worth?

Re: What\'s my Doug Aldrich Model worth?

Post some pics and we'll be able to help out more. Are you sure it's not US made?

Comment

Post a pic maybe I've got something you might want to trade for it.I've been looking for one of those.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Whatever you bought it for - 50%
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Post a pic if you can. Otherwise let us know what features the guitar has - paint scheme, ebony or rosewood fretboard, and what condition it is in. These guitars are fairly rare but they are only as valuable as someone is willing to pay. Your best bet may be to throw it up on ebay with your minimum as your start and see what the market bears. If I had to guess I would start at $600 to $700. But for that price you can find a used Soloist and the general Jackson community would probably opt for a Soloist. If you decide on a selling price, let me know - I may be interested.

Comment

As far as posting pictures, I don’t know how. If someone wants to let me know how, I will be happy to get those up.

As far as the guitar:
            Bolt on, 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard, frets 12-24 are scalloped, reverse headstock, reverse shark fin inlays. I don’t know what type of wood the neck and body are. Information I’ve found online says maple neck and mahogany body, but this guitar sounds a little too bright to be made of mahogany. The color is something called Pscho Green – it’s a pretty cool 80’s type of paint job. The guitar has two pickups: a humbucker in the bridge and a single coil size double rail pickup in the neck. The neck pickup is whatever came with the guitar – some special DA (Doug Aldrich) pickup. I didn’t like the bridge pickup that it came with, so I replaced it with a Seymour Duncan TB-4. There’s a volume control and a three way toggle switch for the pickups. This guitar does NOT have a tone control.

One more thing - I bumped the headstock and a small piece of the tip of it came off. Minor damage at most. The damage isn't even visible from the front.

Comment

I forgot to mention that it's a Grover Jackson. The guy who owned the music store where I bought it said that it came out of the Japanese Custom shop and that it was actually a prototype - at least, that's what the receipt says.

Comment

This is some pics i had laying around. It is NOT the guitar in question as far as i know - just the model for you to see.

/Henrik

[ June 24, 2004, 11:06 AM: Message edited by: jackson1 ]
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Jackson Prototypes always have a "P" in the serial number.

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Color aside, that's a good looking model. I know it's not the guitar in question, but I do like the features. I may be interested also (I'm in the back of the line [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ) if you decide on a price. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

You most likely have a production model Doug Aldrich Custom. The Psycho paint scheme guitars came with a rosewood neck and have a scallop from 12-24. The serial number of the production run starts with J. There are a couple other models that have different paint schemes, ebony necks with notches on the headstocks, and the serial numbers start with DA. Cool guitars. The necks are fatter than your average Jackson - a little more c shaped. I've been looking for the orange/yellow combination of the guitar you have but have not been able to find one yet. These guitars were only released in Japan in the early 90's. Again, fairly rare guitars. The problem is the guitar is most valuable to a niche market. If you do have a prototype, it would have more value. I think Doug Aldrich had the prototypes during his tour with Hurricane in '91.

Comment

Put my name on the list for potential sale/trade... been looking for one of those for a while. I am used to seeing the ones with the notches on the headstock (as mentioned in Voodoo5 post).

Comment

I understand the member asked for a value here on this guitar.. I can appreciate that.. but please keep any talk of trades or sales ion the classififieds.. unfortunate for this member he is not eligible to use the classifieds .. please take it to email and make it private. I doubt that it was intended here but this is a way for Jr members to get around the rules of the site and it wont be allowed ...

Thanks
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sorry about that !! [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]

Comment

OK, point taken. I apologize. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X