Jackson Performer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Performer

Someone is selling used Jackson Performer at local music store and I am wondering is it worth of 300 euros(that's 368 in dollars). I don't know much of these guitars and I know it's Performer only because the headstock said so. I don't know where it is made, it had serial number on the neck plate but don't remember what it was. When it was made? I can get the serial number if it's important. The salesman at the music store thinks that it's little bit overpriced and obviusly it's not selling very well since they have had that guitar there for 2 years.

So is it worth of buying?

It was just like this one on the ebay: Item number: 7382886955

Oh! Sorry, I just noticed that this thread is in the wrong category, I think it should be somewhere else than in the Jackson U.S.A guitars!

Re: Jackson Performer

Which Performer model is it?
    It should be on the truss rod cover "PS-?"
    Serial number is not too important... they were made in Japan and are pretty decent guitars.
    300 Euros is a bit high, but everything should be negotiable when it comes to buying used gear.
    -Rick

Comment

Don't remember which one it was, maybe PS-1. Is there big differences between different Ps models, I mean is Ps-2 for example better than Ps-1 or is Ps-1 better than Ps-2 or other Ps models? Like Sl-1 and Sl-3?

Comment

The PS-1 is a 22 fret POS.
        The PS-2 is a H-S-S 24 fret... nice axe.
        PS-3 is a V
        PS-4 is a H-S-H 24 fret with a reverse headstock... another nice axe.
        The PS-7, which has the psuedo strat headstock and a vtrem.
        There are a few others as well... with some sub models like a PS-3T and such.
        -Rick

Comment

PS-6 was a kelly I think.

Comment

PS 6t is Kelly
            PS5 is a Bass
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              they were made in Japan and are pretty decent guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

not all of them were made in Japan. There are some craptacular Korea made ones.
              "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                [ QUOTE ]
                they were made in Japan and are pretty decent guitars.

[/ QUOTE ]

not all of them were made in Japan. There are some craptacular Korea made ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do I know if it's made in Japan or in Korea? I think it didn't say where it was made.

Comment

12th fret dots are far apart in the Korean made Performers.

BTW, this is my 1000th post!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                  Facebook - Youtube

Comment

that's true of guitars with regular dot inlays. Some had offset dots and that rule won't apply

The serial number on the Korean made ones should start with "10......" IIRC
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

I concur with Vitamin^ on the "10......" serial number.

If it's got a "9" at the front of the serial number it was made in Japan but look out for things like the JJ4 whcih was made in Japan but has an entirely different serial number with no "9" or "10" - headache!

Comment

Working...
                      X